Do they check your bags going into the 'arena' area?

Guest Yoghurt on a Stick

I've got another question now. The official website says that you can get access to the site from 10.00am on the Friday morning. My other half has just informed me that she has spoken to someone who works there and he says that historically people have been allowed entry from 4pm on the Thursday. Anybody know if this 4pm entry is true?

Their website says Box Office open at 9.30 and campsite at 10.00.

Even if you've got a ticket you have to queue for the box office to get a wristband. Then you go back to your van/car/camper/caravan and get directed onto the camping area which is in the centre of the Racecourse.

The actual festival area is on the perimeter of the Racecourse, on hard standing. In theory they do a bag check going in from the campsite to the festival area and, from memory, you can't take in your own booze. But last year I found a route from the campsite to the fest that seemed to by-pass the gatekeepers.

But that's all a rather hazy memory.

Their website says Box Office open at 9.30 and campsite at 10.00.

Even if you've got a ticket you have to queue for the box office to get a wristband. Then you go back to your van/car/camper/caravan and get directed onto the camping area which is in the centre of the Racecourse.

The actual festival area is on the perimeter of the Racecourse, on hard standing. In theory they do a bag check going in from the campsite to the festival area and, from memory, you can't take in your own booze. But last year I found a route from the campsite to the fest that seemed to by-pass the gatekeepers.

But that's all a rather hazy memory.

Overall I felt they had a pretty light touch this year. Saw lots of people drinking their own stuff. The bars were busy though, so the organisers will have done fine, at times I wished I had brought more in as the Q at the bar took a while, but only once or twice. Sashabella needs to be more devious - arrive at security drinking from a nearly empty cup "just finish that up for me please", then no search as that was obviously the only drink on you

Sorry we didn't meet up Yog but let's make amends at Glasto. Same caravan and awning in CV East along with Drewstrat (aka Andrew) plus three other mates (one of whom brought his wife as a newbie last year and she'll be returning too). So we should have an encampment of my caravan plus two VW campers. Planning to also invest in a new 10 metre flagpole and some good lights.

I thought Wychwood was excellent this year and have already put down a deposit on next year - to get £50 off and guarantee that price for all future Wychwoods.

Excellent music, good company, gorgeous food and sunblock needed.

I keep the drinking down to make it through the day but it was worth it for the late night stand up.