Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be a human shield to ensure the pimms isn't knocked over by the moshers

Good thought.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our Pilton commoners.

In Pimms there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility and a swift sip:

But when the blast of Enter Sandman blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Thank you sir.

Shall I get the marquee brought across, or perhaps we can rough it with a gazebo?

Oh a marquee would be absolutely tikkity boo! But please tell Michael we do not want any of this so called 'moshing' nonsense taking place anywhere near the front of the stage. That would put me right orf me dinner.

Edited by sime

Oh a marquee would be absolutely tikkity boo! But please tell Michael we do not want any of this so called 'moshing' nonsense taking place anywhere near the front of the stage. That would put me right orf me dinner.

I think if we can get the commoners to block them orf, that should be satisfactory.

I do find the moshers are not conducive to good digestion.

I actually did used to love a good mosh and stage dive back in the day. I have very happy memories of going to see Nine Inch Nails in 1991 at the much missed Astoria in London, jumping onstage while they were playing, nicking a pint of their water, drinking some, pouring some over myself, the rest over the audience and then stage diving as their bouncer came running towards me. I miss those days!

So enjoy your mosh you crazy Metallica fans (just look out for each other!)

Anyway, ta-ta. I'm orf for some tiffin.

I reckon the crowd for Metallica will naturally arrange itself between the moshers and everyone else once the band get going. I don't think there will be any problems.

Unless someone spills me port, in which case me standards will drop somewhat and I may have to rebuke a high spirited reveller or two.

I'll be there with champers and blinis if anyone wishes to join me on our Persian rug and served by our butler. He's worked for royalty dahlings.

Ooooh rather! Chin Chin!

its people like you who kick off the problems, noone in a mosh pit is delibratly trying to cause violence to anyone not in that way anyway, its merely a form of dancing if you want to put it one way. yes it can be seen as violent but nothing is `aimed` and anyone who did start throwing punches etc would quickly be dealt with.....as would anyone id hope who was delibratly elbowing people in the head.....and itd be your problem for choosing to do so noone elses.

I don't care that it's violent. I care that it's annoying if I'm trying to watch a band and someone runs in to me. I'm not elbowing anyone in the head though. I'm just standing there. They're the ones running at me. Not my fault if they run head first into my elbow, should have looked where they were going. Let's face it, they were moshing, if they're brain damaged it's not like we're losing the cure for cancer is it?

there will be pits opening up yes but its not going to be to crazy or take over the entire crowd.....so if you dont want to `mosh` dont go in the pit it couldnt be simpler.

For a pit to exist, there has to people around the pit forming the walls of it, the people that the moshers seem to delight in running in to, because generally people are nice enough to push you back in, rather than knock your teeth out. But they sure as hell don't want to be doing that. If they wanted to be part of the pit, they'd be in the pit. But there's always going to be someone on the immediate outside of the pit that doesn't want to be involved, and if they move away, the pit gets slightly bigger and now there are new people on the outside that don't want to be involved, and then they move away too? Where does it stop? I mean, it's geometry. Until no-one is left but the 100 people in the pit? Actually that's probably what will happen at Metallica you're right.

Is this how moshing works?

Yeah. Lots of 15 year olds (or older people but with a similar level of maturity and brain capacity) bashing into each other in a pathetic show of teenage rebellion. Its a metal thing. And its one of the main reasons that metal fans in general are seen as morons by the rest of the civilised world.

Absolute shitheads.

The moshers I mean.

Moshing will be permitted as long as there is no disturbance of our large group of chairs, table, marquee and drinks chillers situated 25 feet from the stage.

If there is any trouble I'm afraid Michael will have to get involved!

HAHAHA mosh pit. If you like mosh pits which include fucking dick heads running into the back of some unsuspecting person, or pushing a fellow mosh head prick into someone who isn't involved, or thinks it's 'epic and awesome' to break your nose and teeth while music is being played, then you are indeed an absolute sad pathetic c***.

Go mad, jump up and down, shout, maybe accidently knock into someone with excitement, apologise, fall over, etc etc. These things happen at a gig. But smashing into the back of someone or rolling around like an utter bell end, is so, so sad, it is laughable.

"Yeh man it was so epic I broke my nose at the Megadeth gig, aww man it was awesome going back to work with no front teeth".

You're cool guys!

Edited by Stokesy10

Yeah. Lots of 15 year olds (or older people but with a similar level of maturity and brain capacity) bashing into each other in a pathetic show of teenage rebellion. Its a metal thing. And its one of the main reasons that metal fans in general are seen as morons by the rest of the civilised world.

Absolute shitheads.

The moshers I mean.

A group of long haired c**** at the Monkeys gig the weekend - smashing into the back of people, knocked a girl to the ground who was near me just enjoying the tunes and jumping up and down, she lost all her belongings and hurt herself. I booted the tossers legs from underneath him and had to restrain myself from volleying his face. It is so pathetic it is untrue.