Be Nice to Scousers

Guest lpoolpete

Last year after Glasto there was a bit of Scouse bashing going on on the furum. Please be kind to us this year and give us a chance. I know there is a lot of us there, and among us there are a few pricks but the vast majority are there to have a good time like everyone else. We dont want any throwback to the 80's jokes about us not havving jobs and robbing your hubcaps because we have our own.

Also I would like to ask any fellow Liverpudlians not to live up to what the rest of the country think about us. Smile be nice and offer to share a beer with your fellow campers.Plus we all know all the narks and thieves come from Manchester lol

The best night I had last year was the Saturday night just when the Stones had finished in the Bread and Roses bar when the guy wearing a tea towel on his head came into the bar and the band struck up an improvised song about him . Then he got on the stage and started rappin. The place was up and bouncin. So I hope I see the guy in a tea Towel again even if he isnt Scouse

Plus always remember Eavis had a Liver Bird fitted to the pyramid stage last year for us no one else lol. See you all there have fun and NFRNFC

No I think the City just loves it.We love a good Doo and we can gab the hind legs off a donkey. I was puzzled by bashing last year as everyone I met when I've been seems great and it didn't matter where anyone was from. I've volunteered to work again this year and all the people I worked with last year where mainly from Leicester and Ireland we all got along brilliantly.I've even met Glasto Worker who posts some great advice on here.

Sorry pete i don't think anybody needs to be kind to liverpool folk or liverpool folk need to be told how to behave either.

If someone judges someone else because of where they are from, skin colour, gender or religion then they are a tit. If someone from liverpool behaves badly then that person is a tit. It reflects on other people from the same group only in the minds of idiots.

Replace scousers with any minority you care to choose in your post and read it back to yourself.

Sorry pete i don't think anybody needs to be kind to liverpool folk or liverpool folk need to be told how to behave either.

If someone judges someone else because of where they are from, skin colour, gender or religion then they are a tit. If someone from liverpool behaves badly then that person is a tit. It reflects on other people from the same group only in the minds of idiots.

Replace scousers with any minority you care to choose in your post and read it back to yourself.

I moved to live in Liverpool from the south for my uni life and loved it. Scousers are way nicer than southerners (especially Londoners!) Their special brand of humour is better too...

I don't think there's a lot of them either, I don't recall encountering any last year, if I had done I wouldn't be going back,

JOKE!

Usually I would trust this forum to have the sense of humour to realise that, but you have to err on the side of caution after last year's barney. And it's okay for me to joke about it because I'm from Manchester, not a southerner. Speaking of southerners, and certain types there are too much of at Glastonbury....

They just love their grans. All of them, every scouser. At least, every scouser who makes it onto a reality TV show. "... and I love me gran". :P

Me, I've got an issue about that. I'm jealous, cos my gran was a right miserable old bag. :lol: