Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistic ones I've read on here would be:

-The Pogues (tourdates match, although it's difficult to believe that Shane would already be awake at that time :-D )

-Coldplay (tourdates match and they're friends of the festival/ donating the guitar)

-The Waterboys (tourdates would match and it would be time to have them back again)

If it's someone like suede or James, it would be pointless seeing as they could of just booked those bands to play anyway.

Who would honestly care about a suede secret set... Unless you're a die heard suede fan that just can't get enough of suede.

If not Coldplay itl be someone painfully mainstream so you should probably lower your expectations. Not looking like a thom title faction either as he's gone quiet.

If it's someone like suede or James, it would be pointless seeing as they could of just booked those bands to play anyway.

Who would honestly care about a suede secret set... Unless you're a die heard suede fan that just can't get enough of suede.

If not Coldplay itl be someone painfully mainstream so you should probably lower your expectations. Not looking like a thom title faction either as he's gone quiet.

I truly think the reason why they played unannounced is because Liam wouldn't accept a lower slot than other headline, hence why he slagged off the fest so much.

Beady eye is Liam Gallagher pretty much, they may not be huge but a Gallagher brother as a secret guest has much more of a name to it than suede. Which I imagine most of the crowd would go.."who?.. Oh" and walk off.

The Special Guests bit indicates either something special or a big ego to appease. Let's face it there is nothing special about Beady Eye other than Liam Gallagher's over inflated sense of self worth.

I hope it is something actually special rather than pandering to a dickwad like Liam.

What? That isn't what I suggested...

I can imagine a situation where they offered beady eye to play, and because they had only accepted second stage headline slots at T and V they expected the same at glasto, and glasto kept the offer open or whatever. Instead they were probably offered to open it unannounced, and that probably stimulated Liam's ego or whatever