La Roux

roughbloke

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of support for her on here. I'm not normally one for slating acts as I firmly believe in live and let live but her performance on the Other Stage in 2010 was the single worst performance I have ever heard at Glastonbury, before or since.....

....I say heard because I daren't look back as I sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me away from the infernal sound that was emanating from the stage for fear I may be turned in to a pillar of salt!

Hope she doesn't go the way of Little Boots and drop off the radar completely if the new one isn't a hit.

*them :P and thats Little Boot's own thought for getting a bit self indulgent with her discotheque show thing, instead of using the same setup she had for her first album (Quite liked the 2nd album, but the show turned from something decent into proper shit).

La Roux song, meh

Edited by LondonTom

• 11 months later...

what went wrong with La Roux? i remember her/their debut at Glasto, she was so popular then.

then five years out and despite great reviews, the album bombed and nobody seemed to care. was she just gone too long?

yeah definitely gone too long. if she'd released it two years later i reckon she could've sustained some of the hype, but five years is a long time for a new act to be gone - people soon move on to the next 'big thing'

I think that Keiser singer sounds a bit like La Roux

But Keiser can sing... and dance... and doesn't think she is a megastar off the back of one single.

Had the misfortune of walking past the other when she was on. Awful screech, awful attitude.

Saw her on the Other Stage in 2010 and thought it was ropey vocally and musically.

Saw her in Birmingham in November and it was absolutely superb - far improved vocals, excellent band and a banging setlist from start to finish (largely as a result of that surprisingly excellent second album). I think she'll be heading for high up on the JP or The Park this year and I'd seriously recommend it for anyone who wants a dance!

Saw her on the Other Stage in 2010 and thought it was ropey vocally and musically.

Saw her in Birmingham in November and it was absolutely superb - far improved vocals, excellent band and a banging setlist from start to finish (largely as a result of that surprisingly excellent second album). I think she'll be heading for high up on the JP or The Park this year and I'd seriously recommend it for anyone who wants a dance!

This^

I was at both of those sets. The second album had definitely helped things, really good fun pop.

• 7 years later...