The Elusive Chanteuse

bamber

If you've been wondering why I've been quiet for a couple of hours, its because I've been listening back to each and all the tunes I posted in this thread . Brockwell Park, Lambeth, June 1st, be there ;)

So many tunes, but this one shines out! God I love Badu

Will I escape this vanity?
Or will I keep on smoking trees?

Edited by bamber

• 2 weeks later...

Lauryn Hill announced a stadium tour and it sold out due to evil, stinking touts in hours yesterday.

I saw her in 2013 in a smaller venue, Brixton O2. Don't believe any negative reviews of that night which you might have read in the Evening Standard or the Mail, those reviews were bullshit. The only time I heard the whole crowd burst into song as they were leaving the gig was there. It was beautiful. I was stood next to Joss Stone queuing in line with all the rest of us that night. We all heard something special.

I'm not paying £300+ for VIP tickets to a UK stadium gig , nor am I inclined to pay over the odds on the reseller sites thus supporting the fucking touts. I might pay 60 euros to see the show in Amsterdam on Dec 6th.

All that said, let us please remind ourselves of exactly why many millions of pounds changed hands yesterday.....

Edited by bamber

6 hours ago, bamber said:

Lauryn Hill announced a stadium tour and it sold out due to evil, stinking touts in hours yesterday.

I saw her in 2013 in a smaller venue, Brixton O2. Don't believe any negative reviews of that night which you might have read in the Evening Standard or the Mail, those reviews were bullshit. The only time I heard the whole crowd burst into song as they were leaving the gig was there. It was beautiful. I was stood next to Joss Stone queuing in line with all the rest of us that night. We all heard something special.

I'm not paying £300+ for VIP tickets to a UK stadium gig , nor am I inclined to pay over the odds on the reseller sites thus supporting the fucking touts. I might pay 60 euros to see the show in Amsterdam on Dec 6th.

All that said, let us please remind ourselves of exactly why many millions of pounds changed hands yesterday.....

It was of course 2014 not 2013 she last played UK / Brixton, oops.

I'm really worried about this stadium tour TBH. It has been a long time and the masses might expect more than Lauryn is able to offer. I do hope I'm wrong. The voice was gone for a decade, it came back, but is it stadium back?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, bamber said:

It was of course 2014 not 2013 she last played UK / Brixton, oops.

I'm really worried about this stadium tour TBH. It has been a long time and the masses might expect more than Lauryn is able to offer. I do hope I'm wrong. The voice was gone for a decade, it came back, but is it stadium back?

Hello bamber,

Heard this for the first time in decades recently, and thought you might appreciate the vibe? 

All the best.

Yog

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Heard this for the first time in decades recently, and thought you might appreciate the vibe? 

All the best.

Yog

My computer (possibly also my own brain) has just said 'No'. As a result I have just had to quote myself in order to make a post. Honest. Or am I a narcissist of Biblical proportion? Who's to say? I'm certainly not going to start squealing like a canary!

Anyway, I'm including another track for your delight :)

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My computer (possibly also my own brain) has just said 'No'. As a result I have just had to quote myself in order to make a post. Honest. Or am I a narcissist of Biblical proportion? Who's to say? I'm certainly not going to start squealing like a canary!

3 hours ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Janelle Monae has a new album out...

I've heard some of her stuff recently and really like it, as does my misses. She (my misses), without fail, dances around the room whenever her stuff comes on the radio or via a playlist. I don't know why I've posted that, but I have, and there's no going back now!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 12:48 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

OK, OK, this is the last one. It's for the world;

I've said it before, I don't have love for full operatic. They hit all the right notes and all that to be sure, but Opera has no groove. You need the groove... Lesser singer, better music...

On 6/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Yog-star,

Please do not have qualms regarding responding to one's own posts. If I did that I'd be forever an arbitrate to my own reflection, which would not be good. Be happy responding to your own reflection, at this time of the morning, there is little choice.

Kate Bush.

Bamber x.

2 hours ago, bamber said:

Badu was wonderful in London last week. It is a city I used to live in a long time ago and still (as it turns out) love...

I've no idea of who Badu is. If it's that lady in the film, then she can certainly drum up a crowd by the looks / sounds of things. It's obvious to me now that I must investigate further. I need to know what she / they sing / play. I will do so now, because if I just make a note of it for later then there's a chance that I'll never listen to it at all. And that shouldn't be. 

Tara a bit. :)

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've no idea of who Badu is. If it's that lady in the film, then she can certainly drum up a crowd by the looks / sounds of things. It's obvious to me now that I must investigate further. I need to know what she / they sing / play. I will do so now, because if I just make a note of it for later then there's a chance that I'll never listen to it at all. And that shouldn't be. 

Tara a bit. :)

You clearly have not been paying attention to my endless promotion of her here then * Disapointed *. It is however an excellent excuse to post my favourite Erykah Budu tune here again though.

* Seriously, you have no idea who Badu is, seriously :O *

She also said very recently that she could see the good in Hitler and Bill Cosby.

She got in trouble for that.

* I 'm trying to grant full disclosure here. *

* I'm thinking out loud a lot tonight *

On 6/6/2018 at 12:18 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

All the best.

Yog

That one put a big smile on my face by the way.

1976, 1977, 1978 and 1979 by the way were the best years for music. Disco, Punk and Reggae all had their heydays right around there.

Edited by bamber