Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

It will be very easy to figure out your dad's name based in that info. And then I can tell him how naughty you've been. Too late now! :biggrin:

Barry...

Edit: he knows, he was there on IoW for Hendrix, he got he shoe laces stolen!

Edited by Couchy
  • Upvote 1

i went back and listened to Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace today for the first time since around the time of it's release. my god that album's shite. i thought i may have let my initial expectations get in the way back then, but it really is an absolute fart of an album. can't decide if Sonic Highways is worse than it

I wouldn't dwell on that decision, life is too short. ;)

I have now managed to catch up with the Sonic Highways programmes and found them all to be very enjoyable. And the music certainly benefits from the context, as a lot of things do, if only one had the time to delve into everything deeply enough.....

Barry...

Edit: he knows, he was there on IoW for Hendrix, he got he shoe laces stolen!

Cool dad!

PS Hey. I've suddenly figured out how to multiquote! All is not lost.

no, being an efest member i must have a firm knowledge of the order i rate each of my listened to bands' albums in and then make a list of it to tell everybody

Very true.

Quite happy about the Foos really. Not an earth-shattering booking but for me they're a "watch if nothing better" band but I think they'd put on a good show. Would love to see Everlong.

More importantly IGGY who I've deemed worthy of his own thread.

hi actual quote I believe was "Emily hasn't called me back - I have not gotten the call yet"

firstly Emily? Emily, not the organisers, not, The Eavis', not Michael, but first name terms Emily

and secondly "back"

and lastly "yet"

I rest my case m'lud

why is it direct communication rather than through a booking agent

...good point, and yet Lars said Metallica got a personal call too - reading too much into it?

I don't know, you're the festival ITK here not me :P wouldn't surprise me if the Eavii gave their headliners personal invitations but if they don't then it might well be a very clever choice of words from ol' Dave.

Glasto approaching Metallica's people would probably have been met with a firm "No we're exclusives elsewhere" so the only way for it to happen would be for the message to come directly to the band so that they were able to find out about and then insist on it themselves, I wouldn't think any part of the way that booking came to pass is 'the norm'.

Edited by Zac Quinn

apparently there was a video for "what's on at the SoL" and there was a slip mentioning the big weekend, since then the video has been taken down so no idea how true this is as haven't seen it myself (take with big pinch of salt).

so they could play the r1bw as well.

So you're saying foos are doing big weekend? Or big weekend is at the SoL?

no, being an efest member i must have a firm knowledge of the order i rate each of my listened to bands' albums in and then make a list of it to tell everybody

:) That is truly admirable if it involves the torture method of having to listen to music you don't like for hours. I bow to your dedication. :bow:

This is only slightly supassed my my admiration for people who force themselves to read threads about music and bands they know they don't like, listen to their new music knowing that they won't like it, and then take it upon themselves to educate the poor deluded souls who do like it about why they should not like it - these people are the true martyrs! Given that it would be so easy to ignore music one doesn't like (I do it all the time, but I am shallow and not worthy).

• Upvote 1

PinkPop are announcing their first headliner on Monday, and the general consensus seems to be Foos will be headlining that one.

Could be worth keeping any eye on.

We're past the point of knowing that they're in Europe at what time now though I guess. Will be worth keeping an eye on as I believe they were a festival that was strongly linked with AC/DC though.

apparently there was a video for "what's on at the SoL" and there was a slip mentioning the big weekend, since then the video has been taken down so no idea how true this is as haven't seen it myself (take with big pinch of salt).

First leg of the UK tour starts the Monday after the weekend it's generally on so I'd be surprised if they're not, to be honest. Has it been said where R1BW is next year?

Could they just be talking about the fact the foo fighters have played sunderland before? In 2005 radio one had the 1 big weekend in sunderland and the foo fighters headlined the saturday.