Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Oh that's strange, the only quote that was posted on here after that gig was something along the lines of "It's nice to be playing intimate gigs like this, makes a change to the week at Wembley Stadium", which made it sound like he was talking about them playing Wembley in the past. Fair enough.

Anyway, Muse headlined the year they played two nights at Wembley, didn't they?

Edited by Will-2609

Is this the quote people are using for the week long Wembley residency?

"When we were asked to come over and play the Invictus Games on Sunday I thought 'we haven't played in the UK in years, and I thought we'd try to play gigs like this pretty much every night we're here until we have to go home. And it gives us a chance to see your faces before we play that week at Wembley Stadium."

If so, that says nothing of the sort, it's Grohl having a bit of a laugh. It's also very unlike the band to be blasé about a week long thing, they were terrified about the last Wembley gig not selling out, and then shocked by the second night, at least according to the interviews with the band for Back and Forth.

I really hope they play, loving the stuff from Sonic Highways so far, but I also didn't mind Wasting Light as much as some people seem to have.

Is this the quote people are using for the week long Wembley residency?

If so, that says nothing of the sort, it's Grohl having a bit of a laugh. It's also very unlike the band to be blasé about a week long thing, they were terrified about the last Wembley gig not selling out, and then shocked by the second night, at least according to the interviews with the band for Back and Forth.

I really hope they play, loving the stuff from Sonic Highways so far, but I also didn't mind Wasting Light as much as some people seem to have.

I was down there for that...he couldn't have been more sarcastic when he said that if he tried. Edited by hurdy

Foo Fighters, although have headlined a few fests recently would, would go down a treat & they'd bring extra visuals. Reading '06 was amazing with lazers!

imo if a band is offered a headline spot and they don't bring lazers then they can fuck off. What's the point in even being there?

That's why Metallica and Massive Attack were incredible this year whereas Arcade Fire were a load of dung

• Downvote 1

Arcade Fire had just a reflektor

Good point, it's a good thing they didn't have lazers because if they had a fuck load of them and aimed them at said reflektor I don't think Glastonbury would be on this year (or any other year) as Michael and Emily would know that there would be no topping that ever.

Just imagine Michael giving his annual 'best festival ever' speech when he knew deep down that it wasn't, I doubt the poor guy could live with himself blatenly lying to all his adoring fans like that

Oh good, Arcade Fire are being discussed. I didn’t want to be really annoying and bring them up, but apparently Win and Regine might be on the New Orleans episode of this Sonic Highways series, with the Preservation Hall Jazz band. Because of this I caught the second half of the second Washington DC episode last night. I don’t like FF at all musically, but I found it really interesting and I’m looking forward to the rest.