2014 Webcam Watch

Amii

now I don't have a clue why but the

BBC webcam http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/webcam

date reverted back to ' 18 May 2014 ' at 5am 31st of May { and no it was not a cache image as I had to clear my Computer in order to make a crew coach reservation a few days ago for one of my Team who was in NZ at the time }

so there may be further glitches in the system.

today31-may.jpg

I think it probably was a cached image. Until last night, 18th May was the latest image. Try ctrl+refresh, that should work.

• Downvote 1

I think it probably was a cached image. Until last night, 18th May was the latest image. Try ctrl+refresh, that should work.

it sure was not - I am a retired University Lecturer in Computer Science so I know how to clear a cache and I know what I saw - and that screen snapshot was from this morning .
I had to clear the cache as otherwise a bloody booking form was skipping the form so that is how I knew for sure it was cleared a few days ago
I last checked the broken web cam 26th May and the form had to be filled in 28th May and this morning was the first time since then I looked.

Weird. Is it working now? You can see on my site that the images are being updated - I just grab them from the BBC site. I've not actually seen it working myself yet, it doesn't render on phones, but the direct image URLs seem to be fine.

Very daft decision for them to redesign that part of the site when the can was down!

• Downvote 1

Weird. Is it working now? You can see on my site that the images are being updated - I just grab them from the BBC site. I've not actually seen it working myself yet, it doesn't render on phones, but the direct image URLs seem to be fine.

Very daft decision for them to redesign that part of the site when the can was down!

All I can think is it's some sort of server side caching.

well it is the BBC - never do anything simple .
Sadly its now working again as Glasto does look as if history is repeating itself although will wait for a report from the WBC set up crew who will soon be arriving to set up camp and install all the bar equipment.
its pure sods law as it was so nice a few weeks ago - sure there is time for things to switch around but the forecast does not look promising.

Webcams fixed, can't view because they don't work on the phone and then come into work and they are broken again a whole day later :(

Nope, just checked and still not working!

I think Smash1984 was saying that the sequence of events was:

1. Webcam Fixed!
  2. Can't view the webcam because using phone
  3. Come into work, Webcam is broken again :(

You can always view those few hours on the timelapse site in my sig though

I think Smash1984 was saying that the sequence of events was:

1. Webcam Fixed!
  2. Can't view the webcam because using phone
  3. Come into work, Webcam is broken again :(

You can always view those few hours on the timelapse site in my sig though

Exactly that Two hats. Already been looking on your page :)

Nice one. I feel like I'm spamming a bit, but wouldn't want anyone to miss out, just because they were nowhere near a PC for the few hours the cam was working!

Nah it's wicked. I hadn't full appreciated it to be honest. Took me about 10mins of watching before i realised you could choose days/times etc. My fav bit of the whole build up is watching the fence creep along the fields, sad i know :)

Nah it's wicked. I hadn't full appreciated it to be honest. Took me about 10mins of watching before i realised you could choose days/times etc. My fav bit of the whole build up is watching the fence creep along the fields, sad i know :)

Yeah, the user interface needs some work. I already spent far more time on it than I should have when I have clients who will pay cash for business sites. All I get from that site is upvotes on efestivals!

• Upvote 8

Aww shucks :)

Been getting loads of downvotes on this thread for some reason. Hard to tell how your tone of voice can be read on-line. You can type something that seems friendly and helpful to you, but has a snotty tone when read on the other side :(

Two Hats - always come across more than helpful as far as I'm concerned! Keep up the good work. :thankyou: