Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah cheers people, I thought for some reason it was a long great tunnel directly underneath the tracks that had some amazing late night parties. I feel disappointed :( Still I will look for the Rabbit Hole at the top on The Park this year, all this talk has got my excitement levels up massively, not that they needed to be!

I won't go into detail, but I'll just say this - investigate the stalls in the Craft Field. There's at least 1 that has much more to it behind the facade.

If you're talking about the one that's also at Beautiful Days (which is run by a friend of mine), he's gone back on the road, and it won't be happening again in the near future.

Firstly, ignore anyone who, when asked where these things are, goes "ah!", "look around X field", taps their nose or any other bollocks like that. Chances are they haven't been in them themselves.

I came across the above two concrete pipes last year, they were heavily flanked by security who were operating a one in, one out system with a queue. Not wanting to make Glasto more hard work than it already is at times, I went for a nice sit down in the circle instead.

From TOS:

"Iona Community:

Located in the corner of the Field of Avalon, by the old railway track, the Iona Community has been a regular at the Festival for many years now. They are a dispersed Christian community with roots in Scotland but with members living in many places all committed to working for peace, social and environmental justice, the rebuilding of community and the renewal of worship. They offer a drop-in centre for conversation, counselling and worship and information on the Community itself and its concerns. For more information visit iona.org.uk."

Stumbled across the Iona community last year while trying to take some shelter from the Sunday heat. Really decent people, no attempt at shoving their beliefs down anyone's throat, the woman just said that they provide a space for those who are finding the whole thing a bit much and wanna sit down and relax for a while

We found a tunnel under the railway that had loads of rubber tubes on the walls... is this the tunnel??

Going to make a conscious effort to find the rabbit hole & underground piano this year - think that will be our plan for Thursday!

Edited by joeruss

We found a tunnel under the railway that had loads of rubber tubes on the walls... is this the tunnel??

Going to make a conscious effort to find the rabbit hole & underground piano this year - think that will be our plan for Thursday!

I think the photo above is from Thursday. Although could have been Wednesday. Memory is sketchy. But it was still being built at this point so maybe best to wait a day or so.. When we got in, it was super early, about 5am Friday morning. Was still rammed even then. Stayed 40 mins or so and then went to the stone circle for tge sunrise.

I went to The Rabbit Hole tent in the Park on Wednesday evening last year but it was just a bar with music (not from the stage). Is the actual Rabbit Hole/tunnel thing open on Thursday?

Was fairly confused by it all really if anybody can explain!

I went to The Rabbit Hole tent in the Park on Wednesday evening last year but it was just a bar with music (not from the stage). Is the actual Rabbit Hole/tunnel thing open on Thursday?

Was fairly confused by it all really if anybody can explain!

Same I went on the thursday quite early on in the day and it was just two lads on a small stage in a tent

The Rabbit Hole changes in the evening, from 10pm till 6am. This is what threw me. The venue 'opens up' after this time, but no doubt you'll need to queue to get into these secret parts, via tunnels etc, since it's become popular.

The Rabbit Hole changes in the evening, from 10pm till 6am. This is what threw me. The venue 'opens up' after this time, but no doubt you'll need to queue to get into these secret parts, via tunnels etc, since it's become popular.

Ah okay, thanks. I left at 9pm left Wednesday to grab something to eat before going to the Silent Disco. Will definitely stay in there next time.

I think that *is* the Rabbit Hole, yes! That's Eavis doing karaoke last year with Beth Rowley on backing vocals! And vodka jellies....

I'll tell you after I get in! Ian the worm clarified entry to me, so I'm heading there this time after hours.