Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Time Being said:

When the SE was shut off on the Saturday last year we weren't allowed in that way either. You must have just gotten in in time

Try the other way then. When facing Piano Bar, go left and just keep going. There might be a barrier, just go around. End result will be the same.

3 minutes ago, Time Being said:

When the SE was shut off on the Saturday last year we weren't allowed in that way either. You must have just gotten in in time

Yeah that's what I thought as well. I think it opens up after a certain time and anyone can get in the back way, but during the prime time it's just the 1 entrance. 

18 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Yeah that's what I thought as well. I think it opens up after a certain time and anyone can get in the back way, but during the prime time it's just the 1 entrance. 

Makes sense

18 hours ago, herzzreh said:

Try the other way then. When facing Piano Bar, go left and just keep going. There might be a barrier, just go around. End result will be the same.

I think we are talking about the same thing...but maybe not... will have to investigate in less than two weeks

2 minutes ago, Time Being said:

I think we are talking about the same thing...but maybe not... will have to investigate in less than two weeks

Well... There's two ways to get there. One from the Piano Bar side and one from the Craft Fields. Then those two paths converge and you just keep on walking to Shangri-La.

19 hours ago, herzzreh said:

Trying to work out would this way be quicker than the conventional route if coming from/going to West Campervan?

19 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Trying to work out would this way be quicker than the conventional route if coming from/going to West Campervan?

It would be. You just walk through the gate and walk straight past tipis. You avoid the crowds down the hill. Keep in mind that this route is 100% unofficial and may not be open, so you may have to backtrack a bit. Also, you definitely wouldn't be able to come back this way as they always have security posted on the Shangri-La end. 

Edited by herzzreh

2 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

It would be. You just walk through the gate and walk straight past tipis. You avoid the crowds down the hill. Keep in mind that this route is 100% unofficial and may not be open, so you may have to backtrack a bit.

Thanks 

One of my faves was Pip the Human Jukebox. A guy that wheels himself around at 3 in the morning in a mini wagon, with a guitar and a book full of songs, happy to play any of them for 20p

I had such a great time dancing in the dark with three other randomers in the middle of a deserted Green Fields to a Belle and Sebastian song I didn't know. One of those true Glastonbury moments for me.

32 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

One of my faves was Pip the Human Jukebox. A guy that wheels himself around at 3 in the morning in a mini wagon, with a guitar and a book full of songs, happy to play any of them for 20p

I had such a great time dancing in the dark with three other randomers in the middle of a deserted Green Fields to a Belle and Sebastian song I didn't know. One of those true Glastonbury moments for me.

This is Glastonbury

34 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

23 hours ago, musky said:

Strummerville is now up above the Stone Circle, on the way up to Worthy View, hidden away in the trees. I think the Strummer stone is still accessible in it's usual place though.

The Strummer stone can be visited but not all the time. It is now next to a crew bar (since 2014) so isn't accessible anymore when the bar is open as there is security. If you go when the bar is closed there is no security so you can still get access to it.

12 minutes ago, hogga said:

The Strummer stone can be visited but not all the time. It is now next to a crew bar (since 2014) so isn't accessible anymore when the bar is open as there is security. If you go when the bar is closed there is no security so you can still get access to it.

Good to know, but a bit disappointing at the same time.

3 hours ago, herzzreh said:

And by posting all this we just spoiled it for ourselves... Watch it will either be shut down or there will be masses of people trampling through there and then they'll shut it down...

I wouldn't worry too much, this thread only has 83,000 views