Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

1 hour ago, jonodillieono said:

The fuck does this mean @Will-2609

Some guys who weren't core workers there were taking advantage and have now been given the boot (in one case literally). There may be others who take advantage next year, but they will be dealt with accordingly.

Paddynavvie is going as a punter this year and hopes to see us at some glasto landmarks. Jeremy Corbyn was somewhere (that has me defeated).

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, musky said:

Some guys who weren't core workers there were taking advantage and have now been given the boot (in one case literally). There may be others who take advantage next year, but they will be dealt with accordingly.

Paddynavvie is going as a punter this year and hopes to see us at some glasto landmarks. Jeremy Corbyn was somewhere (that has me defeated).

He's suggesting that Jeremy Corbyn was a member of the Provisional Irish Republican Army. 

Or a secret cupboard. A lad I know from the march saw me and my crew in Shangri La in 2015 and was like "come here lad, gotta show someone this" Next minute we had gone through a door in one of the hexagons and was with a group of about 15 people singing Wonderwall in a wardrobe like space. Great fun, then we left.

Within 5 mins he'd dragged us back in there and the contents of the cupboard gave a rousing rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone. That was a moment.

Is all this really just a case of trying doors that look like they should be fire exits? I kind of hope so. I loathe the idea of places on site in which people are standing around feeling quite pleased with themselves for being somewhere exclusive. That's what the entire place is for! Or it is for some. Exclusive areas make me want to vomit, unless they're truly random and accessible for the many, not just the few.

You see, I don't mind waiting in a queue- we've met some of the nicest people this way, who we've ended up hanging out with for more of the festival. It's a nice way for socially awkward people- such as myself :p- to get easily chatting with people.

On a linked note- does anyone know if the "secret" Rabbit Hole is open on the Thursday? In 2014, we got to the front just as they closed for the night and then last year, we were so hammered by the time we got in that we really didn't make the most of the time in there! This year I'm adamant that I'll actually get to explore within it!

Hi all,

New here, but each year I'm intrigued by tales of secret hideaways and things. We did try the Rabbit Hole secret bar a few years back but the White Rabbit made us answer impenetrable riddles. (I suspect the bar wasn't ready) This year I'm going armed with carrots. 

My only success was one place near the Spirit of '71 stage a few years back. A long wall near the stage also featured the door of the Tardis. Saw a few people come and go that didn't look like security so wandered over to investigate. Inside, we found a bar doing pints of Mojitos. The rest of the day went by in a bit of a haze. 

18 minutes ago, lebenski said:

I've made it to the piano bar a few times and it is cool but don't queue for it.  Whenever you are at Glastonbury having a good time with friends then you are in the "secret piano bar"

i created an account after months of lurking just to give you an upvote, so, yeah

20 minutes ago, guinness_guzzler said:

I've been to Glasto 6 times and never found where the secret piano bar is, can anyone point me in the right direction?

It's over there (points)..

1 minute ago, guinness_guzzler said:

Many thanks for the tip, only 1 problem - i've never found the dragon either.....is it in / near stone circle field?

yeah that's nearby, just over that way a bit (points just to the right of previous point)

16 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It's over there (points)..

yeah that's nearby, just over that way a bit (points just to the right of previous point)

Hah, me saying left, you saying right, do you think we're thinking of the same field upside down?  (I'm thinking of how I look 'up' at the field, you're facing northwards, or thinking of the direction you face if you sat down)

11 minutes ago, guinness_guzzler said:

Many thanks for the tip, only 1 problem - i've never found the dragon either.....is it in / near stone circle field?

Head up the field, and on your left there's a gap in the trees, go through there into the lovely calm and you'll find the dragon. It's a lovely spot, a few of my group went on a mission to find it a couple of years ago. We spent a very lovely half hour or so sat there, chatting to a few others and listening to the sound of the water. Very relaxing! 

I can also recommend a go on the helter skelter in Avalon, I'm terrified of heights but it is worth it if you're feeling brave! Also, we found a tiny dome tent with a crazy golf course inside, so had a go at that. I've no idea where it was, but it was great fun! 

We ticked off a lot of "things to see" that afternoon, including stroking the polar bears nose in the Greenpeace field (not a euphamism), and walking through the old cattle tunnel.  

30 minutes ago, guinness_guzzler said:

Thanks Lucy for the tips.

This year I've less bands on my must see list so gonna have much more of a wander to find the secret things I've heard about.

Oh and have an up vote (my first ever)

You're welcome!! Wandering is the best! 

Ooh thanks for the upvote :) I am honoured!