• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2016 at 10:16 AM, bennyboi said:

I hear you on that one, my best glasto experience was in the snakepit, had to have a tattoo to get in, which at the time I didnt so you had to make a donation for a rub on one, my mates step dad who was with us though he was billy big balls because he was the only guy out of us with tats. But my god, such a night, we were all smashed, the place had trans dudes in cages, Petebox was playing and I met Smell from This is England. Only at glasto could a night like that ever take place!!

I saw Fat White Family there at 3am a couple of years back and it was a nightmare to find in Hell!

Said tattoo

Screenshot_20160618-140418.png

25 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

Is anyone able to offer any clues to the secret bar in the craft field? I would love to find it :)

Someone has already posted comprehensive directions on this thread - possibly too comprehensive, given that places like that can only continue to exist if they fly below the radar.

11 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

Are you serious about this? 

I've always left due to the queue being too long

Haha that's what Hamish told me (guy who runs the Rabbit Hole), probably is true, it is at Glastonbury and hey only one way to find out :P

3 hours ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Haha that's what Hamish told me (guy who runs the Rabbit Hole), probably is true, it is at Glastonbury and hey only one way to find out :P

Seems like carrots let you go into secret space in Rabbit Hole. Costumes would let you skip in line. From official site:

A tip from the Mad Hatter… late at night when seeking entrance to our underland… those adventurers in the most curious of costumes will be placed first in line… say no more.

Tumble down to Wonderland with us from high noon to the early hours… Wednesday to Monday morning! Oh and Rabbit Holers… do remember to eat up ALL your carrots. Only they will help you see through the darkness…

are these secret venues really worth the wait though? ive never checked out the rabbit hole, always just looked really rammed with a massive line, heard bad things about the piano bar as far as people on the door being snobby assholes go so always given that a miss.....basically is any of it worth waiting and missing out on other glasto stuff `while` your waiting for?

On 03/06/2016 at 2:52 PM, verrymerry said:

The piano bar is well known about now, it needs to move to a new spot, and actually be underground :D 

When I first found it in 1998 in its original (?) position it was an actual - bloody big - hole dug into the ground at the top ie the south-western edge of what is now the craft field

• 10 months later...

So just to be clear.... the dragon field is the sort of L shaped one, which stretches from the sacred space all the way round to shangri la, right? And somewhere in here I may, or may not, come across the dragon and the underground piano bar...

2017v1map.png

On 4/30/2014 at 2:42 PM, craigb said:

Bang on the walls at Shangri La. Some of them are doors to "sercet areas"There are a number of them and they are different every yearLast year a few of us watched a short movie/performance while dancing with people dressed animals throwing gold flakes and glitter at us.Yes I know how it sounds and yes its better if you have taken something or had a lot of alcohol if thats not your bag

This is what i want! I'm worried that if I go poking about in Bloc 9 fridges or what not I might get in trouble!

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Unless I've got it completely wrong, which is almost certainly the case, the Rabbit Hole isn't really hidden or secret at all, is it? If you hang around the Park hill in the right place, it's not only obvious but also sign posted.

yeah I'm pretty sure you're right, managed to find it with ease last year. The Underground Piano bar evaded me and my mates although we did find the stone dragon whilst searching :)

28 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Unless I've got it completely wrong, which is almost certainly the case, the Rabbit Hole isn't really hidden or secret at all, is it? If you hang around the Park hill in the right place, it's not only obvious but also sign posted.

The Rabbit Hole itself is obvious to all, but there are 'hidden' tunnels attached to it that form the secret bit of it...

There's also another bar and dance floor 'backstage' of the Rabbit Hole - pal of mine and I were wristbanded and invited there last year. Was fun, mostly because it's yet another part of Glastonbury that you hadn't seen/known was there until then. That Glastonbury continues to 'do' stuff like this is what makes it unique, different and genuinely special.

Ben

34 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The Rabbit Hole itself is obvious to all, but there are 'hidden' tunnels attached to it that form the secret bit of it...

There's also another bar and dance floor 'backstage' of the Rabbit Hole - pal of mine and I were wristbanded and invited there last year. Was fun, mostly because it's yet another part of Glastonbury that you hadn't seen/known was there until then. That Glastonbury continues to 'do' stuff like this is what makes it unique, different and genuinely special.

Ben

Did you get in the hot tub?

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

haha yeah man sounds like we just missed it! We did see a building behind the dragon which I think may have been over some sort of small bridge. Sadly it was all closed up and gated which made me think it was a building solely for the farm/agricultural use.

That was it!