Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been backstage once and I went into what I don't think was a secret area but maybe a staff sort of area behind the public face of stalls and other things.

Found the most chilled out place ever, full of greenery, benches and there was a circle of people playing guitar and drinking ginger wine as it was described and chilling out in their various ways. Think it was just a well looked after staff area in one of the fields but quite frankly have no idea.

I entered by entering a stall and going through out to the back of it into this little closed off area behind it that was far bigger than I imagined once i was there.

Edited by siweltrebor

On 30/04/2014 at 8:07 AM, shoptildrop said:

yeah we found a great chill out cafe that sold fab Irish coffees and carrot cake with squashy settees :)....... Is that the stone carving one? 

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Isn't the Rabbit Hole on the map then?  And not widely known?  I think we found it on our first day at our first festival and didn't realise that was anything unusual!

It wasn't on the map, then it was. Now it isn't again. :lol:

It isn't supposed to be a secret, but I keep seeing people saying "I must find the Rabbit Hole this year". The tunnels bit could be considered secret, but only if you make it up there and ignore the queue! :)

On 03/06/2016 at 3:08 PM, carlosj said:

Or it carries on as is, and other places carry on being the real secrets (aka the places we all try to find but can't, and talk about).

Just a comment, not a pop at you verrymerry.

And a fair comment at that :)

21 hours ago, cowmadiddy said:

It probably wasn't secret but I remember in 2010 I decided to take myself on a wander away from my friends during muse.

I found a place only letting people in with moustaches- although you could buy one for a quid, I had one attached to my beard so got in for free, found a dance floor and the rest is vague but I know I loved it, as I did the rest of my walk which took me until 10am the next day after so many experiences I wouldn't have achieved should I have stayed with my friends - easily my best glastonbury experience, but the best bit was when I found myself with a double bass player and guitarist asking for requests to a small group as the sun came up, That was one of the best times of my life!

Is that not the NYC Downlow?

23 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

I've been backstage once and I went into what I don't think was a secret area but maybe a staff sort of area behind the public face of stalls and other things.

Found the most chilled out place ever, full of greenery, benches and there was a circle of people playing guitar and drinking ginger wine as it was described and chilling out in their various ways. Think it was just a well looked after staff area in one of the fields but quite frankly have no idea.

I entered by entering a stall and going through out to the back of it into this little closed off area behind it that was far bigger than I imagined once i was there.

Might've been back stage of the rabbit hole 

On 4 June 2016 at 1:54 AM, siweltrebor said:

I seem to remember this being mentioned before. I think Sawdusty Surfer said it was in the craft field?

52 minutes ago, musky said:

I seem to remember this being mentioned before. I think Sawdusty Surfer said it was in the craft field?

I don't really remember where I ended up it was somewhere between Pennard Hill and the South East Corner. We were already completely wasted, post 3am wondering around the place, our friend texts us saying shes made some new friends and could we initially come meet her to go back to camp and then it was to meet the new friends, i remember we wondered around a good 45 minutes to an hour before we found her and this place. We kept trading texts and getting closer to this spot and eventually we found them, properly off the beaten track, there was no one wondering about by the time we found it, just the people chilling out within it.

this is a bit of an obscure one, somewhere in there SE corner 2010.

there was a queue of about 10-15 people outside a flap in a side of tent, with a dude at the front letting people in and another one managing the queue.

the dude at the front every couple of minutes popped his head in and said 'room for 2 more', and in they went and the queue moved forward a bit.

we queued up and excitedly slowly making our way to the front, and was ushered through the gap by the dude.

when we got in it was an empty tent about 5 foot square, with an exit on the other side that took you back out in to the southeast corner.

it was fucking hilarious. 

On 6/1/2016 at 8:21 PM, mf_2005 said:

We stumbled across that in '14, couldn't find it in '15 despite our best efforts Had a great time in there. Any clues as to where it actually is?

This is the Rock Cafe behind the stone carvers in the Craft Field. They ran out of coffee so no Irish coffees when we went last year (we go every year on Thursday lunchtime to meet & chill) but on the plus side they had a very nice real ale that was the cheapest on the site.

11693998_851923051582457_4570934476507850814_n.jpg

4 hours ago, pingap said:

This is the Rock Cafe behind the stone carvers in the Craft Field. They ran out of coffee so no Irish coffees when we went last year (we go every year on Thursday lunchtime to meet & chill) but on the plus side they had a very nice real ale that was the cheapest on the site.

Secret's out lol

Any idea if the piano bar will move again? Not interested in going after randomly finding it last year and seeing the queue, but I know in past years it's moved about, I wonder of it'll do that again at any point?  Probably the only way it'll be a secret again 

6 minutes ago, Amyyayaya said:

Any idea if the piano bar will move again? Not interested in going after randomly finding it last year and seeing the queue, but I know in past years it's moved about, I wonder of it'll do that again at any point?  Probably the only way it'll be a secret again 

I don't think anyone will know until we arrive at Glastonbury. It's going to be exciting to find out!

On 6/4/2016 at 1:28 AM, cowmadiddy said:

It probably wasn't secret but I remember in 2010 I decided to take myself on a wander away from my friends during muse.

I found a place only letting people in with moustaches- although you could buy one for a quid, I had one attached to my beard so got in for free, found a dance floor and the rest is vague but I know I loved it, as I did the rest of my walk which took me until 10am the next day after so many experiences I wouldn't have achieved should I have stayed with my friends - easily my best glastonbury experience, but the best bit was when I found myself with a double bass player and guitarist asking for requests to a small group as the sun came up, That was one of the best times of my life!

I hear you on that one, my best glasto experience was in the snakepit, had to have a tattoo to get in, which at the time I didnt so you had to make a donation for a rub on one, my mates step dad who was with us though he was billy big balls because he was the only guy out of us with tats. But my god, such a night, we were all smashed, the place had trans dudes in cages, Petebox was playing and I met Smell from This is England. Only at glasto could a night like that ever take place!!

On 4/6/2016 at 1:28 AM, cowmadiddy said:

There was also one that'd only let you in if you had tattoos. Alas there were people giving out stick on ones for those in the queue so it didn't really matter, I love some of the secret areas that are available but the idea of some areas being purely exclusive doesn't suit the festival in my humble opinion

On 6/1/2016 at 0:44 PM, Herbee said:

Starting to think it might be not suitable to the different and exciting side of Glastonbury I wanted to show kids. Might stick to the dragon. 

i only started reading at that page, i had to go back a page to make sure this wasn't a case for social services :rofl:

On 05/06/2016 at 0:44 PM, pingap said:

Agreed! Rock Cafe is a fab spot...great music, cheap drinks and a really great vibe. My late, late night spot.