Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My view on these "secret" places is don't spend half your life trying to find them, just pick and area you would like to explore and just have a look around and see what you come across.....think this is better than trying to find that ultimate place to be as we have found stuff by just doing this

tbh it's something I need to get more in the habit of doing as last year walking down the railway line and saw this tree house structure with loads of fairy lights on, wish I'd just investigated what the hell it was rather than rushing to be somewhere else...

I once found this worded area the other side of a ditch and in the middle was a massive tree that when you climbed to the top had a ladder extending up though a cloud that led into some really fucking weird secret bar where a spider with a cold was imprisoning some annoying children and a dude with a fuckload of saucepans.

tbh it's something I need to get more in the habit of doing as last year walking down the railway line and saw this tree house structure with loads of fairy lights on, wish I'd just investigated what the hell it was rather than rushing to be somewhere else...

If that was near to the Glade area then it might have been The Spike, which I think was new last year but is very much there again this time! Great tiny hidden venue / bar, and they've hinted that this will be the site of 'Secret Gigs and Impromptu Performances from across the site' this year. Why be anywhere else? :)

I once found this worded area the other side of a ditch and in the middle was a massive tree that when you climbed to the top had a ladder extending up though a cloud that led into some really fucking weird secret bar where a spider with a cold was imprisoning some annoying children and a dude with a fuckload of saucepans.

Did you drink some tea with Moonface whilst you were up there?

Anyone any idea if this is still going and, if it is, where abouts it is?

I thought that was in 2010 (the year U2 were supposed to play but cancelled as Bono fell off a stage or something). It was in Shangri La. Don't remember seeing it since, but maybe I wasn't looking properly.

i do not know if this was a hidden area, but in any case a strange room.

we entered the london underground, walked down the corridor and found

an open door from one of the apartments there.

going throug we have been in a total white kitchen, but the contures of all itemes

were painted black. like in a comic book.

we were able to open the door of the fridge and managed to go through it.

there was another corridor, which endet outside in a kind of smoking area.

crazy!

• 7 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 10:49 PM, TheParkAfterDark said:
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 9:42 PM, fur_q said:

Did you drink some tea with Moonface whilst you were up there?

& Mr. Watzisname

10 hours ago, Tom Wells said:

Can we light this thread back up? Going with my girlfriend this year, and we'd like to do a bit of exploring- Especially on the first couple of days before the music!
Any more?

youve done it old son ...nice one ...theres loads of places that are "secret" but i think you can make your own ....find a nice quite spot and STOP just STOP sit down and take it in we did that last year aftre being in a small tent near the glade when the music stopped about 3/4 we found these strange wicker things that just fitted two people in and me and the misses sat there listening to the sounds of glasto ..tis was nice and ill be going back to say hi to the bloke that ran the tent who turned out to be an old traveller [ from before the fence ] and who i had a great chat with even as the security were trying to kick people out ...so not a secret as such but for me a high light ....one of many

• 4 months later...