anti hangover thread

guypjfreak

If you are necking spirits all day just take lots and lots of fruit juice to mix with it instead of coke and lemonade.

After the stones last year we were having to carry each other home and next morning we all carried on as if the night before never happened.

Fruit juice and sleeping in fresh air. No hang over!

• Downvote 1

My hangovers manifest themselves as a feeling that I'm going to vomit at any second. Caffeine makes it worse...

Last Glasto I took a bottle of Peptol Bismal. A swig before bed and a swig in the morning (twinned with the above water and dooralyte) calmed that right down. Couldn't say if this is in any way recommended practice.

Breakfast definitely helps too, even if the benefits take a little while to kick in.

I get super serious hang overs here my remedies, they dont eliminate them, but sort of bring them down to a level of a normal average person.

Paracetomol: Takes my temperature down, as I burn up with a fever, maybe as I piss out so much, my own cooling system fail,so less cooling sweat.Also for the head pain

Ibroprofin ; to take swelling off my brain, also a back nerve seems to trap more when Ive got a hangover, it could be swollen

Vitamin C : Because my body took a beating, and liver or your kidney what ever filters your blood, is already trying to get rid of the alcohol, colds set in as it cant clean your blood properly as its got its hands full, also a dry mouth and sore throat can trigger it.

Asprin ; to thin my blood, as Im so dehydrated my blood thickens, muscles and chest are tight, oxygen is harder to pass round the body, makes me out of breath, so the Asprin thins it

Diorylite ; replace salts, gets your salt balance correct so your body can re hydrate properly, if my memory serves me right from back in the day, If you get a liquid and put a salt level the same amount that is in a cell, then the water can pass through the cell wall more quickly, ( Osmosis i think its called)

Full fat coke( to drink through the night) ; as alcohol has alot of sugar in it, your body tries to fight it, maybe insulin, your pancreas isnt finely tune, so quite abit get pumped in, your sugars then crash, so I use coke to try bring them up, ( maybe someone with diabetes maybe able to explain more if thats in incorrect.

Rennies ; to fight the heart burn.

Im not sure if this is all correct, its just my own theory that helps me, did quite good in science so applying a bit of that. I take more than i need or all in one go.

Edited by waynewdk
  • Downvote 1

• 6 years later...

Don’t know if you actually need rehydrates unless you’ve had a serious dose of the shits .  Just before bedding down, go for a piss, then drink a pint of plain water. Comfort bottle at the ready in case you wake up. In the morning strong tea, two paracetamol and a bacon roll or a couple of croissants.  Should now be ready to start back on the drink and enjoy the many delights of Glastonbury! 

Anyway, why did this thread appear😁?

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know if you actually need rehydrates unless you’ve had a serious dose of the shits .  Just before bedding down, go for a piss, then drink a pint of plain water. Comfort bottle at the ready in case you wake up. In the morning strong tea, two paracetamol and a bacon roll or a couple of croissants.  Should now be ready to start back on the drink and enjoy the many delights of Glastonbury! 

Anyway, why did this thread appear😁?

someone had a 6 year hangover they were trying to sort .... or a product they were selling and the post has been removed 

Got to love an old thread revival. 

While it’s here I might as well share my recipe for festival breakfast. 

1 can of cider, lukewarm (I use strongbow as it’s nicely bland and not over powering, neither too sweet or dry)

1 Berocca tablet

1 soluble asprin/caffeine tablet

1 sachet of blackcurrent dioralyte.

Open the can and drink half of it. Add the asprin, berocca and dioralyte. 

Swill the can around for a couple of minutes while the contents dissolve. If you haven’t drunk enough from the can it will over flow. 

Down the concoction in one go. 

Wow this is one of the my first posts.. 

Still looking for the answer to the question 

https://alcarelle.com/

https://alcarelle.com/about/

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/everything-you-need-to-know-about-synthetic-alcohol/

This is every thing I've learnt old sons .... Even joined Mr Nutt lolololololol... You couldn't make it up lol