anti hangover thread

guypjfreak

there was a thread like this but couldnt find it but i found this and thought ah ..Ah, the dream. Beer is tasty, but hangovers… not so much.

Joch Koch is pretty much the beer messiah. He founded and chairs the Boston Beer Company and contributed to the design of the perfect pint glass. Which, apparently, is this:

perfectpintglass.png

He loves beer more than any one should, but how does he drink it every day without getting drunk? He recently revealed his secret weapon to Esquire magazine, which is simply a teaspoon of active yeast for every pint he plans to drink, mixing it with yoghurt so it’s not gross.

jim_koch_2013-339x500.jpg

But what does that do?

Dry active yeast has an enzyme in it called alcohol dehydrogenases (ADH). This enzyme has the ability to break down alcohol their constituent parts of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, which is basically what happens when it gets to your liver. By having the yeast already in your stomach, it starts breaking down before it gets to the blood stream.

Woo.

Koch warns however, that you won’t be getting away scot free, saying that the trick “will mitigate, not eliminate, but mitigate the effects of alcohol”.

so wot do you make of that then lol

Every morning at Glastonbury I have a small bottle of lucozade, a berrocca and a dioralyte and a bacon butty and it completely cures my hangover! A doctor that lives in my apartment block told me about dioralyte. Amazing stuff.

On my way back from an early morning mooch to get a free bag (unfortunately I had to buy a copy of the Guardian to get this free bag!) I came across a small beverage outlet ( it was near the Glade woods!) selling a 'Hangover cure'! Being hungover I decided to give it a go! It consisted of hot apple juice, ginger and slices of lemon. It did make feel better actually!

After using milk thistle at the fest last year, I've started using it all the time now. Doesn't leave you completely free of the symptoms but its definitely benefits me. Make sure you start taking it at least a week before the festival for it to start working.

Lansoprazole is a godsend, not so much for the hangover but for keeping that acid reflux away from the warm beers.

Ashamed to say that I do have some experience of this.

This works for me.

At least a pint of water before going to bed. Two pints is better but can result in an emergency leggit out or bed mid kip. (No accidents so far, but it has been close)

On waking , a couple of Nurofen Plus washed down with several pints of sweet tea . On particularly bad days a large vodka and orange juice added to the mix helps enormously .

Nothing like delaying the process of a hangover with a warm can of beer!

On another note, I find that sleep is what makes a hangover what it is....think of it this way, we all felt great at 3 in the morning!

The morning after you need water, salt and carbohydrates. You can get this from dioralyte but a bacon butty plus a couple of cans of coke is much better - plus the caffeine helps with the loss of sleep.

All secondary to a large bloody mary of course

I got quite a few sachets of Rehydration sachets (Dioralyte) and would put them in my bottle of water and down it through the day to make sure I kept hydrated.

Also had a cup of it before bed, along with Milk thistle in the morning and evening, tablets for heart burn and they kept me well actually.

Not a glimpse of a hangover all last Glasto :)

Nothing like delaying the process of a hangover with a warm can of beer!

On another note, I find that sleep is what makes a hangover what it is....think of it this way, we all felt great at 3 in the morning!