Worthy Campsite Re-Entry to the festival

Guest simont123

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the entry procedure from the Worthy Campsite for those who stayed last year.

One of our group will be using another friends ticket if they don't grab their own one on Sunday's resale. The person in question will have the other persons driving license and utility bill, but they aren't exactly the spitting images of each other !

I'm just wondering if the festival staff will ask to see our actual tickets and ID every time we need to re-enter from the campsite or will you just be issued with a wrist band separate wristband ??

Gaining entry initially to the actual site is usually ok (if you wear a mini disguise!) but multiple re-entries might be pushing it with someone else's ticket?

Cheers for any help ! :good:

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the entry procedure from the Worthy Campsite for those who stayed last year.

One of our group will be using another friends ticket if they don't grab their own one on Sunday's resale. The person in question will have the other persons driving license and utility bill, but they aren't exactly the spitting images of each other !

I'm just wondering if the festival staff will ask to see our actual tickets and ID every time we need to re-enter from the campsite or will you just be issued with a wrist band separate wristband ??

Gaining entry initially to the actual site is usually ok (if you wear a mini disguise!) but multiple re-entries might be pushing it with someone else's ticket?

Cheers for any help ! :good:

Yeah was thinking the same if that's the case, once would be ok, but doing it everyday over the course of the festival is really pushing it. Unless of course the photo on the ticket gets a bit wet and smudged ;) Still doesn't really help if they ask for actual ID though !

Only positive is that he's not trying to pass his wrist band off to someone to sneak in, so as long as he makes sure the guard remembers him he might be ok ?

Still probably just safer to stay inside the gates...trouble is that his g/f has provisionally booked them a Worthy camp spot as we don't arrive until Thursday afternoon and couldn't be bothered with he hassle of finding a decent space.

Big risk, especially as we don't live in England, cant fly back until the Monday and this will be his first Glastonbury!

Oh well, their decision............

Edited by simont123

Hi, I'm new to the Worthy View business and because we are arriving really late (Friday AM), have booked a tent there.

Am I right in my understanding that:

1) We need to go through the main entrance, then trek across the site to get to Worthy View

2) Once at Worthy View, we then get an additional pass to go in/out of the site on each occasion we leave - do we get one pass when first arriving/a wristband? How does that work, do we need to keep out ticket stub?

3) Are we able to be picked up at the car park at Worthy View on the Monday, or do we need to head back to the pick up point, after getting the shuttle coach?

How are the tents allocated? First come, first served? Or are they pre-allocated?

Sorry if that all sounds a bit simple, I can't find anything about this - I presume all will be confirmed in the next few weeks but some of my group have been asking and I don't have a clue.

Thanks!

As far as I know

1) I think there is a shuttle bus from pedestrian gate A to the camp site

2) Not sure on the passes but it's first come, first serve on the tent allocation apparently.

3) Pretty sure there are shuttle buses back to gate A on Monday aswell

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping

Thank you - much appreciated. Perhaps I should learn to read!

"....and will receive a follow-up message from the Festival in mid May 2014 with further details of your accommodation and access information" - Would probably give me more info!

Last two questions (promise):

From the wife - how many showers are there? I know we're not at the Ritz, but are they better or on a par with the Tipi field's showers? (That's where we've stayed in the past...)

Has anyone every arrived there (WV) on Friday before? Leaving kids at home so that's dictating our arrival time, but I had an awful feeling that we'll end up getting to the main gate, getting our wristbands and trudging across the site, getting distracted and taking hours (days) to get to WV - I kind of want to dump my stuff at the tent and go! ha ha!

Hi, I'm new to the Worthy View business and because we are arriving really late (Friday AM), have booked a tent there.

Am I right in my understanding that:

1) We need to go through the main entrance, then trek across the site to get to Worthy View

2) Once at Worthy View, we then get an additional pass to go in/out of the site on each occasion we leave - do we get one pass when first arriving/a wristband? How does that work, do we need to keep out ticket stub?

3) Are we able to be picked up at the car park at Worthy View on the Monday, or do we need to head back to the pick up point, after getting the shuttle coach?

How are the tents allocated? First come, first served? Or are they pre-allocated?

Sorry if that all sounds a bit simple, I can't find anything about this - I presume all will be confirmed in the next few weeks but some of my group have been asking and I don't have a clue.

Thanks!

Tents are pre allocated, your programme and tote bags are in the tent when you arrive.

On arrival you are given WV wristbands, when you enter the site they stamp the back of the ticket. On exit you get a pass out which you return every time you enter.

Don't know about getting picked up in the car park on Monday -I expect there won't be a problem as the main problem is getting out (though roads were clear when we left last year at about 8am).

The showers are pretty good - they're attached to the farm (will try to post a a pic). Queues are long at peak times (get up early) and they open twice a day.

article-2349467-1A890781000005DC-450_964

The car park is at the bottom, the marquee at the bottom is where you walk through (maybe searches?) then the next marquee is where they allocate your tent and give wristbands.The main path to the left takes you past all the scout tents and into the bar area, down a set of steps to the left (behind the trees) into the main site. The showers are just to the right of the red scout tents (below the blue ones) in long white tents.

If your going in and out each day it might be worth investing in one of those little plastic wallets you get at stationary shops.

You do need your ticket, and the re-entry ticket plus wrist band to get back in and the re-entry ticket is quite small and easy to loose!

Back in 2009 when it caned it down on the Thursday night I went to the car to get a change of clothes and some supplies and by the time I got back my tickets were rather mashed up as they got wet in my pocket. Took some persuading for staff to let me back in

Water proof wallet keeps them together and reduces the chance of dropping your ticket somewhere

Edited by phil the shrew

You can use the plastic wallet that the Glasto schedule mini-booklet comes in - the one attached to a lanyard that you can wear around your neck (comes free with the goodie bag you get handed). Have kept my ticket in the back of that every year, including during the deluges of 05 and 07. Keeps the ticket dry and you always know where it is. Not an infallible system, but works for me :)

We camped in WV last year. From memory, they posted shower opening times which were limited for the first couple of days but then got extended, I think, to cope with demand. I thought the showers were excellent - you change in a pre-shower tent and leave your stuff on benches so just take your towel and toiletries in. The showers are sort of communal and there's about 20 of them - they were hot and the water pressure was good. I waited no more than about 20 minutes and that was going down there around 8-9am. Think they were open from about 7am. Don't think they were open into the night. Camped at Tangerine Fields in 2011 and came back one night at around 1am thinking I'd sneak into the showers and there was still a massive queue!!

Downside to WV was the toilets - rubbish and nowhere near enough of them - hope they've got those sorted this year....