OASIS?

Guest daviesjack

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oasis reunion is a well-fed cash cow, a clever marketing ploy which will make them all shitloads of money when it does happen.

With the Libertines stuff around the corner, I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened soon. And it certainly won't involve Glastonbury. If Beady Eye last year is anything to go by, I wouldn't go anywhere near it with a barge pole.

Noel doesn't need to do it, but I'm sure his greed will get the better of him if he stops being able to fill arenas as a solo artist.

I'd put money on it not happening, but if it did, it wouldn't be the absolute disaster many here are alluding to it being. Let's not forget, in their prime, away from all the hype and twatty behaviour, they're responsible for some pretty great songs and at least two really good, very influential albums. The only thing that would stop me from being genuinely thrilled would be how volatile the whole thing would be. I'd be nervous that they'd not keep it together and Liam would either act like a right dick or Noel would get all precious, as they both tend to do.

Anyway, not happening either way.

I'm not cool enough to even pretend that Oasis getting back together wouldn't have me wetting my knickers, despite the shambles they'd become at the end. Nevertheless, I'd be even more excited if Michael Stipe tweeted an R, then an E and finally an M.

I'm not cool enough to even pretend that Oasis getting back together wouldn't have me wetting my knickers, despite the shambles they'd become at the end. Nevertheless, I'd be even more excited if Michael Stipe tweeted an R, then an E and finally an M.

Get over it.

The Libertines have a capacity of 50,000, which probably will not sell out.

That said, they've jumped at an opportunity to play for financial reasons, i think given the lineup that day, plus information Neil's given, it's pretty much been done without any input from Carl and Pete, but nevertheless £1m is a lot, and money talks.

But Oasis aren't reforming.