OASIS?

Guest daviesjack

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a very generalising statement for debate:

I've tended to find that people who were old enough / alive when Oasis first appeared on the scene seem to be those who've got bored with the albums from No. 3 onwards. Many felt let down by Be Here Now.

The current die hard fans may be those who discovered them later during the band's existence and worked backwards perhaps due to not being born / being really young when Oasis came out. Hence more commitment to / defence of the later material.

Just a very generalising statement for debate:

I've tended to find that people who were old enough / alive when Oasis first appeared on the scene seem to be those who've got bored with the albums from No. 3 onwards. Many felt let down by Be Here Now.

The current die hard fans may be those who discovered them later during the band's existence and worked backwards perhaps due to not being born / being really young when Oasis came out. Hence more commitment to / defence of the later material.

They were great in 1994, and I don't care what anyone says about 2004 it was a fun night at the pyramid. Most of the criticism seems to be that they weren't "up for it" and didn't give much to the crowd. This was largely due to them having spent the previous 2 days on the nosebag in Noel's winnebago. Musically it was a good performance though, IMO.

They were great in 1994, and I don't care what anyone says about 2004 it was a fun night at the pyramid. Most of the criticism seems to be that they weren't "up for it" and didn't give much to the crowd. This was largely due to them having spent the previous 2 days on the nosebag in Noel's winnebago. Musically it was a good performance though, IMO.

That's kind of how I felt about it. Although it's the only time I've seen them, I'd heard a few of their live recordings over the years and noticed how the arrangements had 'evolved' over the years. Well, in 2004 those arrangements were back to as per the record, and for the better. Thankfully things like that awful extra kick drum beat that Alan White added to Supersonic had gone.

Zak Starkey in particular was good, especially when on My Generation, as he was the drummer for The Who at the time, so unsurprisingly did a good job, as did Andy Bell on bass.

There was nothing electric in the air. Liam's voice was unremarkable, but I think even he had reverted back to the original melody on some songs. It wasn't exciting, but I thought it was musically sound. I was surprised by the reaction on-site as my group of mates all thought they were good, if miserable.

Then again, we were off our tits.

Is it this one?

That's one of those live performances that would sound a lot better if you couldn't see the criminally indifferent audience and the lack of any kind of charisma by the band. Musically though, it's wonderful.

Edited by kalifire