Resale Next Week

Guest seamonkey

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for fellow techies here - if you enter your details and get a timeout/503 error do you think it's better to refresh or hit back and click the submit button again? During the original sale, I successfully opted for the reload option, after a quick check in Google dev tools confirmed that there hadn't been some sort of redirect that would prevent my data from being rePOSTed. The sale went through and I was very happy. I must admit I'm not 100% on the possible behaviours of the back button, but as it's not always instant, I've assumed that some server contact was involved, even if the page is ultimately served from the cache.

So my real question is this - is it safe to advise people to hit refresh rather than back + resubmit, or could this be potentially ticket losing is some circumstances?

Question for fellow techies here - if you enter your details and get a timeout/503 error do you think it's better to refresh or hit back and click the submit button again? During the original sale, I successfully opted for the reload option, after a quick check in Google dev tools confirmed that there hadn't been some sort of redirect that would prevent my data from being rePOSTed. The sale went through and I was very happy. I must admit I'm not 100% on the possible behaviours of the back button, but as it's not always instant, I've assumed that some server contact was involved, even if the page is ultimately served from the cache.

So my real question is this - is it safe to advise people to hit refresh rather than back + resubmit, or could this be potentially ticket losing is some circumstances?

Yes, I think this could be crucial. In the October sale when this happened to me I hit 'back' and clicked on the submit button again, several times, without getting anywhere, and I began to suspect that it was taking me back to the beginning of the process each time. So I would be inclined to hit refresh if this happens to me again in the resale. But I'd appreciate some advice from those who understand these things better than I do.

Oh sorry, I misread.

Your home internet connection will be fine. The trick is to make sure that only you are using it, and don't have too many tabs open (more than one is good, past a certain number is bad as you're splitting the tiny amount of bandwidth the site's going to give you)

Ultimately your home broadband connection (hell, even if it's a 56k modem) will provide more bandwidth than Seetickets will be offering you so you'll be safe.

Oh sorry, I misread.

Your home internet connection will be fine. The trick is to make sure that only you are using it, and don't have too many tabs open (more than one is good, past a certain number is bad as you're splitting the tiny amount of bandwidth the site's going to give you)

Ultimately your home broadband connection (hell, even if it's a 56k modem) will provide more bandwidth than Seetickets will be offering you so you'll be safe.

Ok, I was in two minds whether to do this as the more people that do this method the less effective it becomes by an order of magnitude.... but this may be my last Glasto and I have tickets already.... this of course can't guarantee tickets (there are more people than tickets) - but I know this industry and I cannot think of or find a better way of significantly improving your chances of getting a ticket.

it starts to works once you are on the holding page so you have to press F5 to get there (this is the page which is green and says something like 'refresh in 20 seconds on it). if you do it before this point it will never work.

dont worry about your internet connection speed if its broadband you are ok - if you can tether your PC or laptop to a 3g or 4g device this will probably help, make sure you download chrome and have reg and bank details saved in a notepad doc for copy and pasting,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Chrome Auto Refresh Plus plugin

It appears in the right next to your address bar as blue button with an arrow in it

Select it and go to the settings button at the bottom (cog)

In settings do the following:

· Check ‘refresh predefined URL’ and set it to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

· Check ‘page monitor’ – enable this feature

· Make sure ‘page monitor’ - Popup Notification once FIND the target is checked

· I would also check the ‘play sound candiate’ for six seconds

· Click save and then OK

Click back on the auto refresh button again:

Predefined URL should be the Glastonbury one

In the ‘Popup Notification once FIND the target’ – put the word postcode – (not case sensitive)

Click on the refresh interval at the top (12 seconds?)

It will now refresh until it finds a page with postcode in it and which point it will make a noise and stop refreshing – turn your sound up

You can do this for multiple tabs – try and have half a dozen going slightly out of kilter