Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

yep another great episode! that final scene was fantastic, but once again, why do the unsullied keep getting their arses handed to them!? they've gone from being unstoppable in the past two series to getting easily killed by normal people with daggers. even if they are slightly outnumbered they should easily be able to handle a few city folk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep another great episode! that final scene was fantastic, but once again, why do the unsullied keep getting their arses handed to them!? they've gone from being unstoppable in the past two series to getting easily killed by normal people with daggers. even if they are slightly outnumbered they should easily be able to handle a few city folk

To be honest I wasn't paying that much attention to the second half of the episode, a small voice in my head spent the last 30 minutes repeating "Stannis just burned his daughter alive" on a loop.

He's a

VERY VERY BAD DADDY

As for

the Unsullied. I think they're supposed to be heavily out-numbered. But the entire thing reeks of shit... given there was almost a mass-revolt against Queen Fakeblond a week ago there were no searches for weapons going into the stadium? And that dragon was close to being a pincushion.

With those to spoilers in mind

I think House Martell should take the throne.

Almost forgot,

Kingsguard Nonce Alert!

Anybody else expect Ayra to do a Kill Bill death on the Nonce, like Lucy Liu's character

Great ep, I echo the battle in the stadium at the end was a bit daft, but a few city folk, there were like 500 at the end, insane.
I expect massive follow on in next ep and bit of a bitch just jumps on her dragon and fucks off.

Stannis daughters audio was amazingly done, very harrowing.

We ok to comment on this yet?

Every time Meryn Trant looked at Arya the audience is supposed to think he recognises her, I think he just wants to fuck her. I have a real fear for where next week's episode may be going

Think you haven't read other peoples spoilers, exactly what everyone else is saying. Have a look at mine to see how I think it will go down.

Ah ffs! I'm emotionally drained after that. Stanis you utter c**t. I had to pause and take a breather before the fight at the end How he fought for his daughter when she looked to be doomed and how he does that in the end to her is beyond me. Fucking Religion! I hope that c**t gets done proper now.

Fucking nightmares I'll be having

Good ep but.

I'm never going to forgive Stannis for that. I honestly thought Davos was going to coming and do something as I thought he had his suspicions about why he was being sent off but he ain't going to be too happy when he returns.

Also I don't really get the fights with the Harpies and I can't into it when I'm thinking "Aren't the unsullied meant to best warriors ever? So why are they getting killed by a barely trained militia." but it was weird when a load of them came out on no where at the end and more and more when the Drogon came (which I did kinda of forsee when they got encircled). Still a very good episode but I still think Hardhome blew it out of the water! 10 better not flop now :P

I'm never going to forgive Stannis for that. I honestly thought Davos was going to coming and do something as I thought he had his suspicions about why he was being sent off but he ain't going to be too happy when he returns.

Also I don't really get the fights with the Harpies and I can't into it when I'm thinking "Aren't the unsullied meant to best warriors ever? So why are they getting killed by a barely trained militia." but it was weird when a load of them came out on no where at the end and more and more when the Drogon came (which I did kinda of forsee when they got encircled). Still a very good episode but I still think Hardhome blew it out of the water! 10 better not flop now :P

The fact that they insist on sticking with those bloody great spears implies that the Unsullied were never meant for this type of combat, they were trained to be devastating on a battlefield, not to pacify urban areas.

Edited by Winslow Leach

I cant believe that Stannis did that, the screams were horrible. It seems like Stannis is on his last legs and will now stop at nothing.I remember a few seasons back, Melisandre used kings blood to curse Renly, Robb & Jeoffrey, although it only seemed like she had a real hand in Renly's death and the other 2 died co-incidentally at the hand of other characters. I've only just realised that if Melisandre truely cursed Robb Stark and caused his death, then it is her fault that the Bolton's are in power and so she is sort of responsible for Stannis' current downfall. It will be interesting to see if kings blood is truly as powerful as she makes out, he'd better win next week so the sacrifice wasn't in vein.

It was amazing to see Deanerys finally in control of her dragons, it's about time she gained some of her power back. I loved the final scene but I knew deep down as soon as they were ambushed that Drogon would save the day, it took a little bit of the tensity out of the scene. Maybe Deanerys should have took Dario's advice and slaughtered the nobelmen first. I wonder if Dani will stay in Mereen now, her seeming husband is dead and she clearly has no backing whatsoever, it seems too dangerous now.

As sad as it may seem, I have a feeling Arya is going to end up sleeping with Meryn to kill him. I thought it was going to happen this episode as he demanded younger and younger women.

I cant believe that Stannis did that, the screams were horrible. It seems like Stannis is on his last legs and will now stop at nothing.I remember a few seasons back, Melisandre used kings blood to curse Renly, Robb & Jeoffrey, although it only seemed like she had a real hand in Renly's death and the other 2 died co-incidentally at the hand of other characters. I've only just realised that if Melisandre truely cursed Robb Stark and caused his death, then it is her fault that the Bolton's are in power and so she is sort of responsible for Stannis' current downfall. It will be interesting to see if kings blood is truly as powerful as she makes out, he'd better win next week so the sacrifice wasn't in vein.

But even if he does, what then? Morally, he's past the point of no return and from a purely practical point of view, he's murdered his heir. In fact he's murdered two of his heirs now!

But even if he does, what then? Morally, he's past the point of no return and from a purely practical point of view, he's murdered his heir. In fact he's murdered two of his heirs now!

as bad as it was, it was his last roll of the dice, all or nothing. His armies were stranded with no food, Jon snow had previously told him that castle black are unable to help. He also knew it was his last attempt at the iron throne, I guess his own greed for glory consumed his judgement which is ever so common in this show. Sadly there aren't a lot of morals knocking around Westeros. Poor Shireen.

HOLY FUCK!

I didn't think it could get any darker but both Stannis and the noncing in the same episode?! Jesus!

The screaming though! Was really heart wrenching!

End battle was bloody epic to, even if the the Harpies Vs. The Unsullied is a complete nonsense!

Did Daenerys just not care her about her friends who just saved her anymore once her dragon came along then?!

Was it just me or did that last scene remind you of that Star Wars scene with Mace Mindu going "This party is over."

:lol: Just a tad!

(Small note given the events of that Episode, but the Dorne scenes were very good to I thought! and I am glad Jon made it back without to much fuss after last weeks battle!)

Edited by LondonTom

Also thought it created a setup whereby Jon is now the only one standing with any honour. Stannis has shown his selfish desperation for power and Dany has saved her own skin, whilst Jon is busy saving everyone else's.

Superb episode, the murder of Shireen was despicable, I'm sure I'm not alone in my past admiration for Stannis and his relative morality in Westeros, but now I think he is an utter c**t.

And the finale was incredible, brilliantly shot, and edge of your seat suspense right up until it was plain the dragon(s) had to appear. There were parts where I thought Dany was gonna bite the dust.

I'm conscious of the fact that GRRRRR hasn't killed anyone we love this season so far.

Can't wait for the finale.

Edited by t8yman