What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

Discover my iphone 4s no longer like to make or receive phone calls visited 2 supermarkets and carphone warehouse to find a phone with long battery life and internet to be told that will cost £40...

I may as well just upgrade my phone to a 5 for £70!!!

Currently embracing being phoneless..... and trying to find out best way to West car park via the A303...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just wait a couple of months for the iPhone 6, and pick up a 5s for about the same price (or the latest version for more).

I'm also phoneless at Glasto and can't wait to be. For five days, I will be lost in gleeful abandon, popping up on the radar only to bother you lot with semi-sober rambles tomorrow evening.

Edited by kalifire

I'd just wait a couple of months for the iPhone 6, and pick up a 5s for about the same price (or the latest version for more).

I'm also phoneless at Glasto and can't wait to be. For five days, I will be lost in gleeful abandon, popping up on the radar only to bother you lot with semi-sober rambles tomorrow evening.

Discover my iphone 4s no longer like to make or receive phone calls visited 2 supermarkets and carphone warehouse to find a phone with long battery life and internet to be told that will cost £40...

I may as well just upgrade my phone to a 5 for £70!!!

Currently embracing being phoneless..... and trying to find out best way to West car park via the A303...

Could pick up an old school nokia for £10 plus £10 credit from O2. Use an adaptor for sim. Probably too late now.

As for West Carparks from A303 this is the route we take

A303 towards Andover

At A37 roundabout take A372 (Langport) not the exit signposted to the Festival as that takes you to East

2nd right B3151 (Somerton)

Through Somerton B3151 towards Street join A39 to Glastonbury

At Glastonbury take A361 towards Pilton and Shepton Mallet

​Works every time for us and gave these exct directions to friends last year who came later and they said were perfect!

That's fantastic thank you so much... Just wrote that down word for word now hoping my navigator who never leaves Surrey/London will be able to read follow instructions!! Taking an old skool map with us.. Just found the route on that looks as simple as :)

As for the phone where is that deal? Only one I found was 99p for a nokia 106 and you had to top up £20.... I just want to put my sim into a phone, Yes I have an adapter thing....

Showered!

I'm literally out of things to do. The bag is packed and by the door. Everything has been checked and re-checked. The only thing between me and the taxi to the Showground is time - and hopefully sleep, although I'm so excited I'm afraid I might keep awake and crash too early on Wednesday.

Currently sipping on the cider I had to remove from my bag due to weight. A couple of these then I'll try for some shut-eye.

Whoop! While you're around, let me just say a quick thank you. I didn't have a very nice 2013, and Glastonbury seemed like a bit of a wild throw of the dice so I could forget about losing my job and losing a lot of money. I've slowly crawled my way back to a better position, but eFestivals really helped keep me distracted and focussed on better times to come. Everybody here deserves my thanks really for being a great collection of sound people, but they wouldn't have somewhere to come to without your efforts, so cheers mate. :)

Done my packing and got a haircut :) All sorted now!

Managed to get it all packed in first go, attempted to try carrying booze/rucksack and tent decided it was to awkward with the way quencha ....so got rucksack/booze on trolley! It doesn't look much bigger than a bag so should get away with it on the coach :D

926816_447942578676518_1396775390_n.jpg