Leeds festival

Guest mcf10b

Me and a few of my mates are thinking about going to leeds or latitude festival this year.

We have heard a few things about leeds about it being quite mad and riots ect. We just wanted to know of people who have been what's it's really like? We don't want a very noisy campsite because we want a bit of kip so what would be the best? and is the festival as bad as people say? or can it still be quite chilled depending where you are? Also how easy is it to get to the nearest town for supermarkets ect?

Any responses and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's not as bad as it used to be (the riots are a thing of the past) but yeah the some of the campsites can be rowdy. The further you get from the arena entrance the calmer is it, someone who goes every year will have to confirm but I think at Leeds Green and Brown would be pretty chilled.

There's a shuttle bus to the nearest Tesco but not sure on the round trip, times are usually out on the website nearer the time.

We usually camp in green and it's pretty laid back, although it is a bit of a walk to the arena. And yes, there are regular shuttle buses to the nearest Tesco (also a Subway and Greggs and a few other shops next to Tesco) and if memory serves me right, it's around 15/20 minutes each way.

• 1 month later...

Most of the time, if someones gonna nick anything from your tent it will be alcohol

if you leave valuables out in the open they may take that too, but honestly. Don't bring stuff you can't afford to use

get a £10 phone from tesco, get everyones numbers and put credit on it. It won't die, and the credit won't run out unless you go overboard. Then you've got one less worry.

Reading has a name for being very rowdy, but I feel it's all bravado, you'l see tonnes of Uni "lads" but they won't bother hurting you, they may shout stuff but no one really hurts anyone at a festival everyone's quite nice and has a laugh. Sunday night make sure you move everything into one tent though, sunday night is always still abit... mental.