StoneCircle

Looks like AndiB won't be getting added back on then.

Adding e mail addresses to this thread is not going to get you anywhere, not removing them when asked will ensure I don't add you to the thread. Not a hard rule to follow is it ;)

Note send to mods for removal.

Firstly I would like to let you know that I have now got a Campervan ticket tonight which I am ecstatic about, so please take me off the list.

Secondly I wanted to say this the other day but are you serious??? I dont think for one minute that you are not trying to help people here and I honestly appreciate the way you have organised this StoneCircle but dont let it become some sort of power trip, i wanted to say this the other day but i was fearful that if i said anything you would throw yer dummy out the pram and take my name off the list and leave me with even less of a chance of getting one but now I am in a position whereby I am not fearful.

You make up a few rules which i get but if someone doesnt respond to you, you just say "Looks like AndiB won't be getting added back on then" like a 12 year old child who takes their ball back because they got knocked out in a game of 2 and in!

You gave AndiB 45 minutes to remover their email address not even thinking they may have gone out or even been doing something more important than browsing a forum, may have been tucking their kids in or reading a bed time story, ask them but even when they removed the email address you never added them back. Why not?

Communities are about that, community, people value you what you do I can guarantee that, people need leaders and organisers and you have that role but when you treat people like this it is almost contemptible, it makes what you are doing seem immaterial because you are making people feel scared to say yer out of order.

I liked the fact back in the thread Bonedaddy said something about the fact people shouldnt really have to be on every night or they get removed, I loved that voice of reason or none of us would have stood a chance.

I really hope you have a cracking Glasto, I also thank you for your help no hard feelings but please add AndiB back and give her an opportunity to enjoy hers, I am sure she never meant to offend you or piss yer off but dont be so hard pal, people will buy yer a pint to thank you for yer hard work, if I see you I will buy you one too.

Regards

Chris

• Upvote 2

You gave AndiB 45 minutes to remover their email address not even thinking they may have gone out or even been doing something more important than browsing a forum, may have been tucking their kids in or reading a bed time story, ask them but even when they removed the email address you never added them back. Why not?

Ah the outsider looking in knows all the facts.....

I requested that AndiB remove the e mail address from the posts. This was done via DM and was read, yet ignored. Have you any idea about how many others have tried to jump the queue by posting their e mail address? No, thought not. That is why I quoted her to prevent further occurrences.

She then asked how this all worked, despite the lengthy explanation in the first post. That saddens me as it tells me someone has just stuck their name down but cannot be bothered to read how it works and wants a personal explanation. Please don't by lazy, I am putting a lot of time and effort into this, is it too much to ask that people read one post?

I had to contact the moderators to remove the e mail addresses for me.

Following the advise I sought from Bonedaddy who ran this thread last year, I removed the said person due to not replying in the given time frame. I cannot see what I have done wrong in doing that, there was no need to revisit this site , just simply read a message and respond via the link given.

Oh and in case you are not aware all messages sent via DM generate an e mail to the address you use to register.

Thank you for updating me, i will update the list.

If anyone else feels I am being out of order please let me know, you are quite welcome to take over, I am seriously ready to quit after this :(

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Downvote 3

Ah the outsider looking in knows all the facts.....

I requested that AndiB remove the e mail address from the posts. This was done via DM and was read, yet ignored. Then she asked how this all worked, despite the lengthy explanation in the first post. That saddens me as it tells me someone has just stuck their name down but cannot be bothered to read how it works. I am putting a lot of time and effort into this, is it too much to ask that people read one post?

I had to contact the moderators to remove the e mail addresses for me.

Following the advise I sought from Bonedaddy who ran this thread last year, I removed the said person due to not replying in the given time frame. I cannot see what I have done wrong in doing that, there was no need to visit this site, just simply read an e mail and respond via the link given.

Oh and in case you are not aware all messages sent via DM generate an e mail to the address you use to register.

Thank you for updating me, i will update the list.

If anyone else feels I am being out of order please let me know, you are quite welcome to take over :(

Turn it in lad, I acknowledged you are doing a excellent job, take that praise with the aplomb it holds but I sent a DM to AndiB 4 hours ago saying that I had a ticket for her if she needed it as I felt that taking her off the list was out of order. She took 2 1/2 hours to get back to me, she said she needed a west as she had a east one. She was quite understanding in all honesty I would have been extremely pissed off.

I just think leave people on the list if you DM them and they dont respond then it is their loss, dont sweat the little things in life people are loving your help, just understand people use websites like this in a different way than you and are just looking for help mate.

When you say given time frame you did not stipulate a adequate amount of time, for example if you said I want a response in 45 mins then fairplay, just do the right thing, All I am saying is "Give peace (AndiB) a chance"

• Downvote 2

I just think leave people on the list if you DM them and they dont respond then it is their loss, dont sweat the little things in life people are loving your help, just understand people use websites like this in a different way than you and are just looking for help mate.

And a question to the rest of you, is requesting a reply within 48 hours unreasonable?

Should those who don't reply in the requested time frame remain on the list?

I am trying very hard to be fair here......

And a question to the rest of you, is requesting a reply within 48 hours unreasonable?

Should those who don't reply in the requested time frame remain on the list?

I am trying very hard to be fair here......

I dont doubt you are but 45 mins isnt fair mate, honestly i am not trying to under value what yer doing i think its great but what yer did with AndiB left a sour taste for me, and I think you are a much better person than that, in fact i am certain you are, i am actually shittin meself incase me campervan ticket falls through now and I come back promising a back massage around the stones!!!

I dont doubt you are but 45 mins isnt fair mate, honestly i am not trying to under value what yer doing i think its great but what yer did with AndiB left a sour taste for me, and I think you are a much better person than that, in fact i am certain you are, i am actually shittin meself incase me campervan ticket falls through now and I come back promising a back massage around the stones!!!

What are you on about 45 minutes?? I allow 48 hours as the time frame as suggested by Bonedaddy. Is that not long enough????

What are you on about 45 minutes?? I allow 48 hours as the time frame as suggested by Bonedaddy. Is that not long enough????

When she put her response up and added the email address you asked for the email address to be taken down and within 45 mins you said she wasnt being put back on, look I have mine and i dont expect many people to throw anything into this discussion as they are all eager to get a ticket so they dont want to piss of Willy Wonkas missus incase they are ostracised from the club. All i am saying is she came back and asked to get back on, surely that shows the eagerness, if people dont respond to yer messages move on, next please attitude, dont kick any one off.

After 6 years of lurking around these pages I post to ask if I can be added to the campervan ticket list. I don't mind it east or west.

Got lucky yesterdays resale thanks to the 'secret resale' thread.

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with lurking, how many times do you see a topic and it says

300 replies and 30,000 views, so obviously a lot more users than people who actually interact.

Woah, people need to chill. 48 hours is plenty of time.

And with any system such as this - which none of us hashed the inclination to set up or run - needs some organising, so good on you for running it.

Them's the rules! I'm sure there are other places for help etc if this thread's not for you.

It is definitely for me as I didn't even know how to follow a thread and now I do! :)

We'll get there folks, don't let the pressure get to you! There is no pressure!

Please don't quit, you are doing an amazing job.

Looking at the size of the list of course there has to be ground rules, don't let a couple of disgruntled people put you down when you are doing something in your own time as a favor to us all.

Let's play nice, it's one thing to voice an opinion but firing off insults to someone trying to do something nice is right out of order

As all ready said your doing a fantastic job Stonecircle, and is really appreciate by all. Can't see how your having a power trip? Think it's called being nice and having the glasto sprit!

48hr is plenty of time to respond to a DM/post. Keep smiling, glasto is on it's way.

There have to be some rules as otherwise it becomes a free for all.

As others have said 48 hours to reply to a DM is fine as anyone who wants the help of others to get a pass should be checking on here most days or have access to their e mails as any DM appears also as an e mail.

Keep the faith as there will be passes after the tickets are received, it'll just take a couple more weeks

• Upvote 1

Stone Circle is doing a Stirling job helping others on here, So what if there are rules?, its up to Stone Circle to decide how she can and can't help, if you don't agree then you can find other ways to find a ticket. I can't believe people are actually giving her hassle for giving people some basic simple rules. Also Dixie60 why did you not offer the person at the top of the list your spare ticket?

Instead you chose to DM someone way down the list.

Its YOU who is picking and choosing and creating your own rules, Look in the mirror......lass..

Edited by rocks1ar
  • Upvote 1

Hello all,

My quick ten pence worth...

Is 48 hours a reasonable response time? Yes in my opinion. Although with hindsight, it's more appropriate when time is of the essence, i.e. when there are sellers as well as buyers waiting.

Was StoneCircle's response fair? To remove yes (or maybe to bump back to the bottom of the list?), tone of voice wasn't how i would have done it, but then i'm not the one spending hours every night organising it this year.

• Upvote 1

I think that StoneCircle is doing a great job taking over from Bonedaddy who did brilliantly last year.

I don't know how much work is involved, but there are over 60 people on a waiting list which is loads more than wanted passes last year, so of course it is harder to run & we haven't even had people offering passes for sale yet!!

I think that the rules (which there have to be) are fair & are there for all to see before signing up.

All she is asking is that people play fair, don't spam other threads, start new ones asking for tickets & don't post address/phone details on messages & that they reply to DMs within 48 hours.

You get an e mail if someone sends you a DM, so there is no excuse not to respond within that period of time.

Personal abuse is out of order, particularly when directed at someone who is doing this out of the goodness of her own heart.

Can we all please respect this & cross our fingers that some passes become available.

She has even tweeted Emily Eavis asking if more passes can be released and she isn't actually after one for herself!!!

• Upvote 3

I contacted the festival office yesterday, sad to say this is their reply :(

Sorry, Sarah, no – there won’t be any more now.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

--

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE

Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/glastofest

Booo

Thanks for trying anyway SC you are a legend. Lets hope any cancellations come our way, still staying positive :)