Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha :-)

If it helps, my 1972 MGB GT finally got back on the road in Aug 2012 and as it's exempt from the emissions test, it's had a good 9 months of pumping out good old fashioned global warming helping pollution.

Good work. The extinction of the human race is a small price to pay for a sunny glastonbury.

Edited by russycarps

Wasn't 2005 the worst (in recent memory anyway)? I get confused between the years. Was 2005 the one where it completely flooded on the Thursday night through to Friday morning, destroying tents, sending a river through the site and leaving some people without possessions? That year was dry for the remainder I seem to remember, creating a kind of enjoyable 'blitz' spirit.

When is the earliest that a forecast has been right for the fest? I know weather can change very quickly, but I remember last year the weather forecasts were pretty much spot on for a few weeks before....

I think its worth checking at least a fortnight before hand,its not only Glasto week but the weeks leading up to it.I remember ME saying in 2012 that if the festival had been on that year it would of been cancelled due to the torrential weather in June that year.

Wasn't 2005 the worst (in recent memory anyway)? I get confused between the years. Was 2005 the one where it completely flooded on the Thursday night through to Friday morning, destroying tents, sending a river through the site and leaving some people without possessions? That year was dry for the remainder I seem to remember, creating a kind of enjoyable 'blitz' spirit.

2005 was obviously terrible for the unlucky people affected by the floods, but 2007 was worse in general because the sun came out for a three minute song and that was it.

2005 was obviously terrible for the unlucky people affected by the floods, but 2007 was worse in general because the sun came out for a three minute song and that was it.

I honestly can't remember which one 2007 was. Was it a year when it was just perma-miserable? Either drizzling or actually raining for the whole shebang? I seem to remember that happening one year and I sulked my way through a lot of it, haha

I honestly can't remember which one 2007 was. Was it a year when it was just perma-miserable? Either drizzling or actually raining for the whole shebang? I seem to remember that happening one year and I sulked my way through a lot of it, haha

Yep, that was 2007.

2005 was when we got an almighty downpour on the thursday, the botton of pennards flooded, but then largely ok weather, culminating in an utterly scorching sunday.

(i think!)

2005 was fine, just highly entertaining really if you weren't actually flooded yourself - and I know of many many folk who were flooded and came love glasto even more as everyone around them helped out and they stayed til the end

2007 teased us on weds/thurs with sunshine and then became three of the most miserable days of my life - much aided and abetted by the evil ex who lost his wallet and all his money on his first day there just to help the mood

Even in weather like that it won't be that bad again for me at least.

WHAT IN THE WEATHER GODS NAME IS ALL THIS HERETICAL FUCKING 'SCIENCE / METEORLOGICAL' BOLLOCKS???!!!

NFR NFC is the only true path to salvation.

Come...join us. Kneel at the feet of the Weather Gods, seek redemption and be granted sun-kissed enlightenment.

Weirdos.

Yes,you're dead right,I've had enough,it seems that all the glastos I've been to have been a total washout,85,97,98,04,05,07,11 and a few rainy ones I've forgotten about.

I'm coming over to NFR NFC,the names Noah btw. :bye:

Ouch! Having done my cruciate ligament AND Glasto '07 (at separate times thankfully), I can but empathise greatly with your boyfriend! :fie:

If you'd witnessed some of my moods and tantrums you'd sympathise even more. I'm the first to admit, I didn't deal with the conditions very well at all at times, yet the poor bloke set out, as it was my first ever Glasto, to go along to do and see whatever I wanted, as far as he was concerned it was my Glasto as he'd been so many times before me.

Don't get me wrong, there were some magical points over the five days that I'll always look back upon fondly, but mostly I'm ashamed at how much of a fecking whinge bag I was! The Friday night I stood waiting for the Arctics to play 'Mardy Bum' - it turned out to be the soundtrack to our weekend!

No! No! No!

2009 we had a lovely shower and a bit of thunder, it made sure the festival wasn't dusty... it was lovely plus thunder at glastonbury is epic! It hit the site!!!!

stormGlastonbury_1431409c.jpg

I got a theory that it was Michael Jackson being taken to heaven

Edited by Yesiamaduck