Weather

matt_berr

Nah, you're ok, there's a VERY serious weather forum on another board I frequent with weather maps and own equipment and everything. I will pop in closer to the time cos there is a dude who is the god of predictions but for now I'm bowing out and will go for the rather unscientific method of NFR NFC way.

Hey, are you an undercover agent for the dark side?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you're ok, there's a VERY serious weather forum on another board I frequent with weather maps and own equipment and everything. I will pop in closer to the time cos there is a dude who is the god of predictions but for now I'm bowing out and will go for the rather unscientific method of NFR NFC way.

You probably know more than all of us put together then! :)

You probably know more than all of us put together then! :)

Nah you misunderstand, its not a specific weather forum, its a general forum with a weather specific area which I looked at for the storms in Jan.

I swear, I'm not a mole! Lol :D

Nah you misunderstand, its not a specific weather forum, its a general forum with a weather specific area which I looked at for the storms in Jan.

I swear, I'm not a mole! Lol :D

Hmmmm, ok...

I don't know if anyone remembers but last year I very nerdily kept track of all the weather websites that gave mm of rain and put them in a graph to see how they were fluctuating each day:

vfjptf.jpg

As you can see, by tuesday they were saying 0-6mm of rain. I think the festival ended up having something like 10mm, so they were a little off, but not by too much. Accuweather was the closest.

I'll do the same thing again this year.

Edited by pedmills

I don't know if anyone remembers but last year I very nerdily kept track of all the weather websites that gave mm of rain and put them in a graph to see how they were fluctuating each day:

vfjptf.jpg

As you can see, by tuesday they were saying 0-6mm of rain. I think the festival ended up having something like 10mm, so they were a little off, but not by too much. Accuweather was the closest.

Brings back great memories of last year - appreciate the efforts again!

At least MetCheck didn't win. That site is still going. I don't think it ever recovered from the time it predicted Venus-like conditions for a month. Anyway, here is the MetCheck prediction, which is currently fairly poo:

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/180days.asp?MonthOf=6&zipcode=BA4&locationID=58239&lat=51.2&lon=-2.5&findtype=

At least MetCheck didn't win. That site is still going. I don't think it ever recovered from the time it predicted Venus-like conditions for a month. Anyway, here is the MetCheck prediction, which is currently fairly poo:

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/180days.asp?MonthOf=6&zipcode=BA4&locationID=58239&lat=51.2&lon=-2.5&findtype=

Does anyone actually use MetCheck as their daily weather forecaster? From my experience it's just a random selector of all types of weather. Absolutely rubbish. I'm surprised it's still going.

Hoping for it to be dry and sunny! Missed last year, which was decent by all accounts. The mud and rain can be a right royal pain - Glasto 2011 and IoW 2012 spring to mind!

You need to come to the thread of faith.....

vfjptf.jpg

Maybe include Jack10 in the graph this year if possible and see how he compares :)

The weather last year from Friday onwards was perfect. It would take some beating. I too have this awful feeling we're due a bad one, but a weekend like we're having now instils a bit more hope!

Please guys can we stop all this talk of being due a bad one! I prefer tho think that we are in the flux of some decent summers and though we may have a few showers along the way that in the main we will have decent weather. The downpours of 2005 and 2007 ( although i was not there) should be forgotten!

I wouldn't want the weather of 2011 on the Friday night! imagine that all weekend! Coming in on the Wednesday of 2011 filled me with dread as well, though since coming from 2009 onwards thats the worst it's been for me and long may it continue. Though i wouldn't get silly and go over to the other side of worshippers i am hopeful.