Weather

matt_berr

Exactly there is only one truth and that is NFR NFC!

Would this be a "faith" view? Sounds a bit mystic for this thread.

You're in the wrong thread, this is for infidel weirdy "scientists". You sound like an NFR NFC believer to me.

Ok, Ok take it outside - no-one wants to waste their negative votes in this benign thread.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Ok take it outside - no-one wants to waste their negative votes in this benign thread.

Ok, but no slagging off of the one true faith.

NFR NFC

Edited by jeffie

This makes it feel even nearer! This time in 44 days, we'll hopefully have set up our tent in bright sunshine, and will be enjoying a celebratory can of Brothers...

I fucking love Jackone or J10 or whoever he is right now. We tried unsuccessfully to get him to partake in the event that is Glasto last year, but he wasn't having any of it, 'happy to just forecast' he said.

Well, hats off to Jacko - I'll be watching his forecasts with bated breath. (but only if they bring good news though eh?)

Fingers crossed for a dry year!

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed!?

Bring your faith to the true thread young Gooner....

Edited by jeffie

Fixed your post and you now need to get on your knees and appease the gods for mentioning such blasphemy in this here hallowed thread!

HMV, you're gonna catch it now!!

This lot are weirdy scientists!

Fixed your post and you now need to get on your knees and appease the gods for mentioning such blasphemy in this here hallowed thread!

You're a newcomer, so I'll go easy on you :). This isn't a hallowed thread, it's a thread for rational people who believe that talk of the blasphemy is a bit...silly. We want to talk about the science of forecasting.

And most importantly, talking about the Sun Gods on this thread will jinx it!

We can say rain here, it's important we do - we're realistic, but only grateful for the fanaticism of the other thread - as long as it stays there

This far out I'd say all signs are pointing to normal early summer weather possibilities, nothing crazy one way or the other - and we're kinda best leaving it at that

Just keep that jet stream nicely up north thankyouverymuch

We can say rain here, it's important we do - we're realistic, but only grateful for the fanaticism of the other thread - as long as it stays there

This far out I'd say all signs are pointing to normal early summer weather possibilities, nothing crazy one way or the other - and we're kinda best leaving it at that

Just keep that jet stream nicely up north thankyouverymuch

I still remember the weather craziness of 2008, when we all started learning about GFS runs and the like. Never been quite so fevered since then. If we have another year like 2007, prepare for some serious weather geekery!

You're a newcomer, so I'll go easy on you :). This isn't a hallowed thread, it's a thread for rational people who believe that talk of the blasphemy is a bit...silly. We want to talk about the science of forecasting.

And most importantly, talking about the Sun Gods on this thread will jinx it!

I'm gonna level with ye all and admit to my complete numptiness so please don't hold it against me. This thread was above the other thread and I thought I had clicked into the god worshipping one not the sciencey one and posted. Then realised my error when I noticed it was only 4 pages long.

I fled in a panic at my stupidity to hang my head in shame.

I have finally come back to fess up. Sorry people and once again I back out of the thread with my head bowed in mortification.

Ta ra

Yep. Going to be disaster this year. Rain most days, really heavy for the weeks leading up to the festival too. Tractors and trucks are going to make it a mudbath before we even get there. Its going to be shit.

Given the week's events, care to reappraise your view?

I always love this thread, I'm hoping for a good strong Azore's Finger again this year. The downturn in the atmosphere when it started raining on the Thursday last year was palpable. One minute your watching Gaz Brookfield in the sunshine, the next people are scurrying for shelter. Not good.

Don't leave - you'll be an expert in GFS runs & jet streams in no time. And wait til Big Dog starts his daily analysis of the ground conditions nearer the time.

Nah, you're ok, there's a VERY serious weather forum on another board I frequent with weather maps and own equipment and everything. I will pop in closer to the time cos there is a dude who is the god of predictions but for now I'm bowing out and will go for the rather unscientific method of NFR NFC way.