Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

Acoustic Field mid-afternoon, el scorcio in the extreme (narrows down the date!). About 6-8 coppers get into the back of one of those long wheel base hired Land Rovers. Copper gets into front to drive them off. Alarm goes off. Guy gets out and locks and unlocks door, gets in and alarm goes off again. Repeats several times to shouts of "someones trying to knick your car" and general good humour all round (except the increasingly red faced coppers in the back who are gently frying in the sun). Eventually driver gives up and drives off out of the field with the alarm still going off, fading away into the distance.

Strangest thing I've ever seen was when Coldplay were playing.................

And they had a HUGE crowd!!!

I was there. I was lying on my back on a piece of cardboard on the mud looking up at the sky whilst tripping. I quite liked listening to Coldplay in the background. However, I suspect that just about anybody playing in the background would have done.

I was there. I was lying on my back on a piece of cardboard on the mud looking up at the sky whilst tripping. I quite liked listening to Coldplay in the background. However, I suspect that just about anybody playing in the background would have done.

TBF by all accounts Coldplay smashed it (I was watching Big Boi and Janelle Monae so dont know first hand) but my friends that attended hardly like Coldplay and said it was surprisingly excellent.

Apart from the obligatory pixie sitting in a bin in Jazz World (as West Holts was then), the weirdest was a tanned (Tango'd?) bloke in blue striped City shirt, navy blazer and chinos (gold Rolex of course), with his goregous, groomed, clean wife and teenage daughter identically dressed in pristine white sun dresses (Chanel handbags), swaying along to Faithless late afternoon on the Sunday. Where did they think they were....and why did they choose to come to Glasto? Bizarre. Made us feel like Stig of the Dump tbh, but that was soon sorted by another pint of Burrow Hill and a roll in the mud.

I know he went mainstream but I still think it's the guy that goes inside a balloon, pop it, then come out dressed up as Elvis singing 'Ain't Nothing But A Houndog' that shit blew my mind.

He lives near me, is a top bloke and his act is called Bruce Airhead. Check the big top times as he's on each day.

Fun - all of the trannies and chick with a dick doing a dance routine to Janet Jackson in the middle of playing a load of acid house at the NYC downlow

Not fun - 4am in the London Underground, a small child of about 6 years old looking a bit bewildered/bored sat on a speaker with the loudest most hardcore industrial techno playing and his mum/sister throwing herself around off her fucking tits. He didn't even have earplugs in and looked like he did't know what on earth was going on - we asked thge security to ask them to them leave - NO NEED

Not as weird as most on here but the moment will live with me:

Last year on Thursday, me and my brother (it was his first Glastonbury) were a tad thirsty after a few too many the night before, so we went to a stand just by the pyramid for a drink...It was just after those Coke bottles with names had been released, I bought my Coke, opened it and started drinking, my brother buys his, without looking the guy turned to the fridge, pulled a bottle out and went, "There you go, LUKE!", reading the name off the bottle.

My brother is actually called Luke. Mind. Blown.

2004? That year was so windy, I didn't believe that I needed suncream, plus I'd just discovered Brothers Cider, so was rather belligerent when offered. Weeping sores on my head and a trip to the medical tent soon followed!

Yep 2004. Wet but not too wet, but definitely windy.

Apart from the ice-cream van incident durinG SFA's in 1999 mine was actually something I heard driving into the festival in 2009.

There was six of us driving in two cars, 3 in each and we had a set of walkie talkies as one of the designated drivers had a terrible sense of direction so though the walki talkies would be easier and quicker than having to ring him if he went off course, which he did numerous times so they were indeed useful.

Upon driving up to the site they started to pick up interference from the stewards/security comms and I kid you not we heard this conversation....

Security Guy 1: "Ive just seen a guy walking off with a very wasted girl, Im going to check it out, something looked a bit dodgy"

Security Guy 2: "Ok, keep me up to date"

About 5-10 minutes went past with a bit of crackling and interference then we heard.....

SC1 " Ive found the girl, no sign of the guy, shes in a right mess, Ive got her laid down against the fencing"

SC2 " Oh right, is she hot"

SC1 "Yeah, I bet shes alright when shes not an absolute mess"

SC 2 "Have you tried slipping any fingers in the till"

SC 1 "Haha, thats a negative, I have not tried to finger her, I repeat, I have not tried to finger her"

Like I said, I kid you not !

In 2010, we saw a bloke sitting on the grass, shirt off and with a bright red sunburnt back - apart from the white outline of a large penis that someone had drawn on his back in suntan lotion presumably when he was asleep.

This was my son :secret: :rolleyes: :girlcray:

Actually he was quiet pleased after the event when he saw his photo in a hardback book of photos from festivals in that year.

• Like 1

For me, it's gotta be in 2010, the scorcher year. I only arrived on Friday afternoon - I had exams with college to complete on Thursday, and hit the booze pretty hard that night.

Woke up the next morning to discover someone had puked all over the front my cousin's tent, only to find out later that it was me who done it :dontknow:

Some mild sun stroke / dehydration & cleaning up vomit all morning soon cleared that hangover! :whistle:

Oh and not really that weird. But last year when I was sat watching Rufus Wainright having a cheeky spliff on the grass. I saw some guy run out of the crowd grasping a pint of milk. I don't know if he was hungover, or if the milk was rancid, but he was creased over by the fence puking his guts up. I decided to go over and give him some toilet roll and a bottle of water. Bless him, he took the toilet roll with his puke soaked has tore off a couple of bits and handed it back to me. The roll was covered in sick. I deiced to let him keep it. Same for the water he tried giving back, which was speckled with all sorts of lovelies from the night previous. I hope he was alright. He must have been screwed up if he though I'd want to wipe my ass with a roll cover in his puke.

Oh and not really that weird. But last year when I was sat watching Rufus Wainright having a cheeky spliff on the grass. I saw some guy run out of the crowd grasping a pint of milk. I don't know if he was hungover, or if the milk was rancid, but he was creased over by the fence puking his guts up. I decided to go over and give him some toilet roll and a bottle of water. Bless him, he took the toilet roll with his puke soaked has tore off a couple of bits and handed it back to me. The roll was covered in sick. I deiced to let him keep it. Same for the water he tried giving back, which was speckled with all sorts of lovelies from the night previous. I hope he was alright. He must have been screwed up if he though I'd want to wipe my ass with a roll cover in his puke.

At least it wasn't the other way around!