Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

57 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

When I was a kid it was common to finish your meal with a slice of white bread to soak up the gravy (I have no idea if this was just our family, I just thought it was normal).  This was then extended to having it with the meal and we used to make mashed potato and gravy sandwiches which I could immediately taste when you mentioned your pot noodle sandwiches.

I haven't had bread with a gravy meal since I was a kid.  Why on earth not?

Standard in our house. At the time I obviously didn't realise it's because we were a bit skint and it was an extra cheap filler. But meant I was used to bread and butter with absolutely everything :lol:

55 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Is it just us Scots and the Irish who eat crips rolls/sandwiches? Or do the rest of you do it too?

Oh hell yes. The pinnacle is ready salted crisps added to an egg mayo sandwich. 

EDIT: just noticed my 10,000th post wasn't about new music, bands, Glastonbury, favourite sets, politics, mental health, exercise or any of the million other things chatted about on here. It was about putting crisps in sandwiches. I fucking love this place.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

Standard in our house. At the time I obviously didn't realise it's because we were a bit skint and it was an extra cheap filler. But meant I was used to bread and butter with absolutely everything :lol:

Oh hell yes. The pinnacle is ready salted crisps added to an egg mayo sandwich. 

Best combo I've ever had was egg mayo and beef hula hoops. 

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Did you know that if you put a Flake in the microwave it doesn't melt.

The structure of a Flake makes it prone to unacceptable levels of deformation if it were to melt even slightly. The texture and mouthfeel are the key to the popularity of the Flake. For this reason it has been formulated to remain unmeltingly brittle  with an intact structure through a wide range of temperatures.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

The other thing I remember which now seems odd is that in summer, we'd have exactly the same meat but served with salad instead of veg.  So home made steak and kidney pie served with lettuce cucumber tomato and salad cream.  And potatoes of course.   And as you say, bread and butter (well marg).

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Neither were the Weirdest thing i have ever seen there but both raised a chuckle last year...

IMG_20190625_144641.jpg

IMG_20190627_150631.jpg

I remember the West Ham Is A Poof graffiti in a long drop! I also took a picture of it. You must have seen it after me as it lacked the retort.

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I like to eat crisps at the same time as a pack of wine gums/sports mixtures. A pleasant juxtaposition of crisp and chewy.

I also like to dunk crisps. Coffee or milk being particular favourites. Just a quick dunk, maybe fill an air bubble. I don't let them go soggy, I'm not an animal.

That is absolutely insane. I can't tell if you're joking? I was going to ask you to give me an example of a crisp (and it's flavour) you'd dip in tea/coffee but it makes no difference. Seek help.

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Neither were the Weirdest thing i have ever seen there but both raised a chuckle last year...

IMG_20190625_144641.jpg

For a moment I thought these were oddly shaped hot dogs. 
Hmmm. 

Edited by semmtexx
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

That is absolutely insane. I can't tell if you're joking? I was going to ask you to give me an example of a crisp (and it's flavour) you'd dip in tea/coffee but it makes no difference. Seek help.

Salt and vinegar is the best in coffee or milk but also goes well with lager. Recently I've been enjoying sweet chilli Sensations dunked in milk. 

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Which just goes to show what a clean living innocent person you are. Everyone else immediately sees wooden cocks 

Ha!
🤣

I've seen a few funny ways of opening bottles but if you can get a crown top off with yer bellend then you deserve some kind of award. And medical attention!

Perhaps explaining my original confusion!

Edited by semmtexx