Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

On 1/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, WestCountryGirl said:

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen at Glasto has to be the time that my mate bought a lasagne from a stall, sat down at a table with us all, proper civilised, and then started eating the lasagne ... from the centre.

Just catching up with this thread, this is mental behaviour. 

It immediately reminded me of @Rubber Soldier who (and tbf I've not witnessed him do it at Glastonbury yet but it's surely only a matter of time) eats a four finger Kit-Kat by removing the wrapper,  then biting straight into iti.e. not breaking it into one or even two-finger segments before starting. He's a monster 

What thread was it someone was talking about seeing the giant muppet playing the synthesizer in the campsite during the middle of the day? Thought it was this thread but can't seem to find the pic. It brought me much joy last time and I would like to see it again 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

34 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

What thread was it someone was talking about seeing the giant muppet playing the synthesizer in the campsite during the middle of the day? Thought it was this thread but can't seem to find the pic. It brought me much joy last time and I would like to see it again 

Screenshot_20190503-233700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9076086dcd43c31f79e1fcb3f7725fd.jpg

glastonbury-festival-britain-shutterstock-editorial-4883607du.thumb.jpg.9a5877da089721f9f816f259e07d7963.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It brought me much joy last time and I would like to see it again 

Don't ask me why but I recall reading somewhere on this site (may even be this thread) about an incident that someone witnessed while at the festival, that gave me much joy, at the time. Anyhow, it was someone indicating that they saw a couple shagging in the open on some bales of hay, and not too far away from them was a bloke with his pecker out having a w*nk while watching them. That, to me, is just too funny. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Don't ask me why but I recall reading somewhere on this site (may even be this thread) about an incident that someone witnessed while at the festival, that gave me much joy, at the time. Anyhow, it was someone indicating that they saw a couple shagging in the open on some bales of hay, and not too far away from them was a bloke with his pecker out having a w*nk while watching them. That, to me, is just too funny. 

I witnessed something similar. It was a warm sunny early afternoon waiting for the next band. A couple in front of me were lying down and started getting it on. Off came their tops, then her bra, then jeans got unbuttoned and hands went inside. I didn’t know where to look. Then, disappointingly, they decided to head off (as it were), presumably to their tent.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can (just about) handle someone eating a lasagne from the centre, but biting straight in to a four fingered Kit-Kat is the way of the devil, I'm sure of it.

8b0b844a4f5d35d2519c50b5205bb12d.jpg

I got slagged off at work the other day for eating a 2 finger KitKat without snapping it into individual fingers first, so it clearly can go beyond 4 fingers, which I think is too far for just wolfing it. Even if I did get amusement from posting a GIF to people of somebody in a TV show doing exactly that.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20190503-233700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9076086dcd43c31f79e1fcb3f7725fd.jpg

glastonbury-festival-britain-shutterstock-editorial-4883607du.thumb.jpg.9a5877da089721f9f816f259e07d7963.jpg

That's glorious.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I heard of some people having sex during Muse at Reading 2011 on their old messageboards but I didn't actually see it. But I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot at festivals anyway.

8 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It immediately reminded me of @Rubber Soldier who (and tbf I've not witnessed him do it at Glastonbury yet but it's surely only a matter of time) eats a four finger Kit-Kat by removing the wrapper,  then biting straight into iti.e. not breaking it into one or even two-finger segments before starting. He's a monster 

That’s how I eat kit kats I get some funny looks from people.

• Upvote 1

Having a lie down in the sacred space field a tiny mouse peeked it’s head out a hole no more than a foot from my face. It came out and stared eye to eye with me. Then it ambled over to what looked like a discarded cheesy wotsit, munched half of it and then took the rest of it back down the hole. 

7D544F47-0018-4746-9013-BBB39A402F1B.jpeg.93a4ded1006425c8a6c98351fc054127.jpeg

of course the wee mouse could have been at this lot! Might explain his laid back approach! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Having a lie down in the sacred space field a tiny mouse peeked it’s head out a hole no more than a foot from my face. It came out and stared eye to eye with me. Then it ambled over to what looked like a discarded cheesy wotsit, munched half of it and then took the rest of it back down the hole. 

7D544F47-0018-4746-9013-BBB39A402F1B.jpeg.93a4ded1006425c8a6c98351fc054127.jpeg

of course the wee mouse could have been at this lot! Might explain his laid back approach! 

he'd nos idea what he was up to .... fancy going for a cheesy wot sit ... has he not been reading the best food and drink thread ?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

he'd nos idea what he was up to .... fancy going for a cheesy wot sit ... has he not been reading the best food and drink thread ?

Could have been worse, it could have been a four finger kit kat and then started making out with his wee mouse partner in full view of everyone before waltzing back underground squeaking murder on the dance floor.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:15 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

4 finger Kit-Kat’s are just the right size for my large face. Never seemed weird to me. 

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

Words of a sociopath right there

It's about as weird as the people who seem to eat a Twix in stages, either eating all the caramel first and leaving the biscuit til last or eating the biscuit first and leaving all the caramel til last- fully expect to see them on Crimewatch at some point. 

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

It's about as weird as the people who seem to eat a Twix in stages, either eating all the caramel first and leaving the biscuit til last or eating the biscuit first and leaving all the caramel til last- fully expect to see them on Crimewatch at some point. 

This is precisely how I eat a Twix. Also, my KitKat fingers are eaten by biting the chocolate off first, then eating the wafer. 

While we're on it, has anyone ever used a chocolate as a straw for a cup of tea? Nibble each end off a Cadbury's finger (for example) and use it as a straw to take a sip of the tea, then eat the finger. Don't piss about with double sips, just eat the chocolate. Amazing melted centre. Works with a Twirl very well too.

All the best.