Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're strongly wrong!

550b2598ecad04cf649cedcd-1136-852.jpg

I think because we don’t have those cutting teeth at home anymore it may just be down to personal preference! 

So, does anyone fold their corners? 😂

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Toilet roll holders by very nature are a bit bourgeoisie, just balance it on the edge of the bath till ya need it

And run the risk of a soggy edge, what are you thinking of man, get a grip 🤣🤣

One of my mates at AM in 2011. Off his tits on something "Why are all these people looking at me?" I turned around and he was facing away from the stage. "I think they are watching the band mate."

Might have been the next morning, another mate said to me, very sincerely, after a very heavy night. "Ad, be honest with me....are my eyes open?"

They were, for the record.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

One of my mates at AM in 2011. Off his tits on something "Why are all these people looking at me?" I turned around and he was facing away from the stage. "I think they are watching the band mate."

Might have been the next morning, another mate said to me, very sincerely, after a very heavy night. "Ad, be honest with me....are my eyes open?"

They were, for the record.

Haha both hilarious

She's been mentioned on Efests before but don't think I'm over being at the stone circle at about 4am absolutely off my face.

And getting approached by this girl with long white dreadlocks, wearing a netted skirt over a thong, offering us 'treats'. My mates bought some acid from her that she dropped into jelly babies.  Felt like she was something straight out of rave in a futuristic sci-fi film.

I’ve recounted these on here before but Shangri La the first couple years I went was mental:

a cupboard door led to a short corridor with a 10 ft square room at the end. One corner, a women in a tweed suit and false moustache selling bloody Mary’s from a water cooler. Opposite corner, man with a guitar in a beanie singing protest songs.

playing the devil at ping pong for tequila shots.

the electric chair.

Just nuts. All of it.

Whilst watching Macy Gray on t'Pyramid a couple came weaving through the crowd totally bollicky buff, not too unusual for Glastonbury I guess (though they were youngish with no hippyness which is more unusual) they walked right past me almost treading on me hoofs, I thought no more about it until minutes later a ruckus made me turn around... the bird had scaled the speaker tower immediately behind me and was like 10-15ft up hanging on with one arm and one leg, legs akimbo laughing at the stewards below.

Weird, made me wanna kebab...

Edited by Barney McGrew

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

Always over the top. I will also change it if I'm using the bathroom in someone else's house and they have it under!

Done that myself, good to see that these high standards exist in the Southern Hemisphere as well! I also remove the first sheet and dispose of it before selecting the ones to use. Of course once in the festival standards fall dramatically! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Done that myself, good to see that these high standards exist in the Southern Hemisphere as well! I also remove the first sheet and dispose of it before selecting the ones to use. Of course once in the festival standards fall dramatically! 

Your standards at the festival probably fall to where mine are in normal life ahah. 

10 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen at Glasto has to be the time that my mate bought a lasagne from a stall, sat down at a table with us all, proper civilised, and then started eating the lasagne ... from the centre.

Can we keep this to honest answers please. I don’t believe anyone would actually do that.... would they?!?!?! ;) 

Also - ahahaha that’s so weird! 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MetaKate said:

WHY ARE YOUR FINGERS DIRTY THOUGH??? 

You're one of them scrunchers arent you?

:lol: Certainly not however I did add "potentially". Folding is always the way to go especially when you are at the festival as you need to conserve your supply! 

2016 (I think), somewhere in the vicinity of the bandstand when suddenly some people appear and plonk an old-timey couch down in the middle of the path, which a woman in a ball gown then proceeds to lay on. She's followed by about 10 guys completely in the buff apart from their boots who form a circle around the couch, set up easels and start painting.

Made even better when one of the naked artists obviously got bored and started flinging his paint around (not a euphemism), which caused the old bloke stood behind me to turn to his mate and produce perhaps the most perfect quip I've ever heard: "oh look, its Jackson Bollocks"

EDIT

In 2015 was walking through shangri-la late one night when a shipping container opened up, containing 20 or so people who sung the entirety of "Ignition" by R-Kelly, thanked the crowd and then walked off.

Edited by waltere
Added second story
  • Upvote 1