Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

Considering we’ve already had three songs from this I guess we can be somewhat positive that the thing exists and isn’t just an album title and release date she’s thrown out there. Guess we won’t know if the release date is legit until tomorrow, but at least we know she’s actually recorded something.

With Kanye going quiet on his new album shit it’s nice of Lana to take up the mantle of just announcing titles and release dates with nobody certain if anything’s actually gonna materialise. Need somebody to be constantly let down by. 

5 hours ago, jparx said:

Must be coming pretty soon surely? We had those three tunes a couple months back now. Surely it’ll be in the next month or so?

Doesn't mean too much. It's pretty regular for her to release songs way ahead of the album release. Mariners and Venice Bitch were out almost a full year before NFR.

I would guess it's much like the Chemtrails rollout in that she'll release a new song and video and kick off preorders for the album at the same time, at which point we'll have an album release date that'll be a couple of months away.

3 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Pulled out of Bonnaroo https://pitchfork.com/news/lana-del-rey-janelle-monae-and-king-gizzard-drop-out-of-bonnaroo-2021/

Quelle surprise. A shame for those who bought tickets solely to see her, but this is hardly unprecedented - feel like it's just a risk you take as a Lana fan. 

Lazy Lana strikes again.

I am a big fan of her and her music but she is literally just lazy. That’s why she doesn’t reschedule dates she drops out of. I bet you on bonaroo weekend you’ll see pictures of her smoking weed on some boat somewhere or something.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Lazy Lana strikes again.

I am a big fan of her and her music but she is literally just lazy. That’s why she doesn’t reschedule dates she drops out of. I bet you on bonaroo weekend you’ll see pictures of her smoking weed on some boat somewhere or something.

Yeah, that's the vibe I get too. Obviously we can't know exactly what is going on in her life - but she has real history for cancelling now, and not doing much in the way of even apologising or rescheduling. 

And I get it - it's so often said that if you were rich enough that you don't have to do anything you don't want to, why would you? Clearly she doesn't feel the need to thrive off the energy of performing to adoring (or less adoring) crowds. It's just kind of shitty that she signs up to these things, schedules tours, that she then backs out of. Just gets people's hopes up for nothing.

Don't get me wrong - if she ever schedules a tour again, I'll be buying a ticket. I just won't be counting on seeing her and will expect that at some point the money spent might just end up back in my account.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don’t think she’s lazy, I just think her passion lies in writing and not performing. Anxiety could play a part as well.

Probably doesn’t help that her first live TV appearance became a bit of a meme at the time for how shakey it was, and her just not being that good of a live vocalist altogether (her bare bones style of music certainly doesn’t t help in that respect). I could definitely see her slowly becoming a studio only artist with the odd show/performance here and there rather than properly touring, especially with her output ramping up a bit these days. 

It is a fallacy.

She managed to squeeze in quite a few shows pre-pandemic on the NFR tour in the US. She got glowing reviews, her voice sounded great, and she even put enough into the show to collaborate with special guests on most dates.

But we're wired for negativity. We'll click on the articles of her cancelling one show instead of reviews of the 20 she players, and draw conclusions from videos of her sounding bad more often than we do the good ones.

• Upvote 1