Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who's Ken? I assume "about" means "in Europe"? Just wondering if this makes them more likely for Primavera

this Ken is a legend on the european festival forums ... I do wish he'd pop in here occasionally and say hello ...

20 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who's Ken? I assume "about" means "in Europe"? Just wondering if this makes them more likely for Primavera

Primavera announced their lineup today no NIN, they have Strokes, Tame Impala, Gorillaz, IDLES, Fontaines DC, FKA Twigs, Jamie XX, Tyler The Creator, Iggy Pop, The National, Beck, Disclosure, Caribou, etc.

18 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Hopefully Lana just hasn't started booking anything yet. Given Glasto usually announce later than everyone else, I imagine they might be willing to give acts longer to decide what they are doing.

Gutted if she doesn't play though. Would be praying for NIN as a replacement.

Lana cancelled her euro tour outright in january, rather than postpone it - and all ahead of the covid issues that have made this year null and void for all artists. It's hard to figure out what her initial plan for 2020/21 actually was. I thought she was having a couple years off until this album was announced.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:30 PM, jparx said:

Dua Lipa moves to Pyramid sub and NIN headline the Other would be ideal.

Aye, that's the sort of thing I was thinking. Not expecting to see Trent strutting out on the Pyramid!

On 5/28/2020 at 1:35 PM, Padjeq said:

Lana cancelled her euro tour outright in january, rather than postpone it - and all ahead of the covid issues that have made this year null and void for all artists. It's hard to figure out what her initial plan for 2020/21 actually was. I thought she was having a couple years off until this album was announced.

Yeah, she's hardly a prolific touring artist, and it's difficult to imagine what she had planned for her not to bother rearranging any of the dates. She'd only done an autumn US tour for NFR.

It has left her with pretty much a clean slate for future bookings though. Hopefully she wants to play some shows next year, and there will be a Glasto sub slot waiting for her.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Supposedly part of some scrapped sessions between Lana and Last Shadow Puppets. Lovely stuff. Need more.

That's nice alright. She's got so much great leaked stuff. I hope one day songs like Ghetto Baby make an offcuts album.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

I think it'll either be absolutely incredible or shockingly bad. Definitely one to keep an eye on! 

From her musical output (whether you like her stuff or not - I do) she strikes me as a woman with absolute 100% diamond sharp clarity as to what she wants to sound like, her whole subject matter and aesthetic. To me it seems perfectly realised.

I might be wrong but I can’t see the above being any different.

I’m gushing a bit, but hopefully you get my meaning!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Humming and hawing over that picture disc.

No book plus audio bundle that I can find. £16.99 for the book plus £22+delivery for the PD is a bit steep. But if I’m diving in I want both. My book spending farrrr outweighs my music spending atm. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The early chat that it'd be available for a dollar seems a long time ago. That said, charity and that.

And anything's better than the 100 sheets that Mick and the lads are asking for the Brussels Affair version of Goat's Head Soup.

Just seen the charity thing. I’m def in then.

Also a big Whitman/Ginsberg fan too apparently.