Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

40 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I wasn't paying as much attention to her at the time, but apparently she announced NFR's follow-up (then called White Hot Forever) the day after it came out.

So yeah, doubt it will be here June 1st, but I'm just glad she has intentions for a new record in the pipeline. Keep it coming.

Yeah that's my take too. My vague recollection of White Hot Forever announcement was that it'd be coming out in Jan/Feb 2020 and, while it came out over a year later, it was finished by October or whenever and pressing was delayed due to COVID so she's not completely full of shit. Late this year or early next I suppose - with a different title, naturally.

I know she gets stick for not sticking to release dates but when we are getting an album every other year at current rate (and without a significant tradeoff in quality), we are well fed!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Lol she’s already announced the follow up, apparently called Rock Candy Sweet and coming June 1st. 

Obviously it’s not coming out that day, or at all (it’s really hard to tell - least of all because it’s a Tuesday), but roll on the next prolonged and delayed album release. 

sub-buzz-24681-1539193954-5.png

Finally got around to listening to it, doesnt reach the highs of NFR and has a couple more duds in the tracklist, but a lot happier with it than I was expecting (the singles I listened to are some my least favourite on the album...)

Can the next album just be the bridge of Dance Till We Die on loop for 45 mins please....

The men in music business conference is the musical moment of the year hands down.

First impressions - really good record. NFR jumped out more on first listen but expect this to be a grower. Heavy Joni Mitchell vibes across the record, and the cover is excellent. Weyes Blood and LDR is a dream match.

Since Friday I've variously woken up with Breaking Up Slowly, Dance Till We Die and White Dress stuck in my head and I've looked forward to giving the record another listen each day. 

Can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but yes, it makes me long for it to be summer.  Can't wait to just be chilling in my yard, in the evening, sipping on something sweet while these tunes just float around in the background.

Can’t say ranking LDR records is ever something I’d considered. Not sure where to even start.

My initial reaction is Born to Die has to be very close to the top - one of the standout records of the decade for me. I’m not too deep in the LDR fan sphere to know if that’s a deeply uncool opinion or not, but hey. I kinda think most of her records after Born to Die were a bit patchy until NFR. Some massive highlights no doubt, but not the most consistent records for me.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can’t say ranking LDR records is ever something I’d considered. Not sure where to even start.

My initial reaction is Born to Die has to be very close to the top - one of the standout records of the decade for me. I’m not too deep in the LDR fan sphere to know if that’s a deeply uncool opinion or not, but hey. I kinda think most of her records after Born to Die were a bit patchy until NFR. Some massive highlights no doubt, but not the most consistent records for me.

I think the albums after BTD are widely considered superior by most measures (at least critically), but BTD is still the one I go back to most aside from NFR. It’s not cool, and there’s a fair bit of filler on there, but the title track, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem... all pretty damn great songs. Think it’s had/will have a bit of a critical reappraisal after it was pretty unfairly torn to shreds on release due to Lana being the new ‘got big too fast so let’s all hate on her’ act at the time.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think the albums after BTD are widely considered superior by most measures (at least critically), but BTD is still the one I go back to most aside from NFR. It’s not cool, and there’s a fair bit of filler on there, but the title track, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem... all pretty damn great songs. Think it’s had/will have a bit of a critical reappraisal after it was pretty unfairly torn to shreds on release due to Lana being the new ‘got big too fast so let’s all hate on her’ act at the time.

Hmm interesting.

I’m a huge fan of Lana and she’s one of my most listened to artists, but I don’t follow her that closely from either a critical or super fan POV. As someone who just listens to the records and doesn’t dig any deeper, Born To Die is a stone cold classic and the following albums were all okay, but didn’t come close to the highs on BTD. NFR and Chemtrails have upped the game considerably on those middle records imo.

It's really hard for me to rank Lana albums, because I didn't really come to her back catalogue 'album by album' as it were. Aside from Video Games being a staple track throughout my life since it's release, I really never paid Lana proper attention until NFR!

Once NFR! caught me, I just bunged all of her records in a playlist and hit shuffle. 'Love' is by far my most-heard (and one of my most loved) Lana tracks because for some reason L4L was the first album in the playlist, so that track would most often play first.

To rank them would be a real challenge. NFR! would be at no.1, that's all I know.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:14 PM, FloorFiller said:

Lol she’s already announced the follow up, apparently called Rock Candy Sweet and coming June 1st. 

Obviously it’s not coming out that day, or at all (it’s really hard to tell - least of all because it’s a Tuesday), but roll on the next prolonged and delayed album release. 

Trying to do the Taylor thing and maybe itll get her a grammy out of it lol