Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

The track has already grown on me. I think for the title track I wasn't expecting something so understated, but giving it some listens with renewed expectations, I'm enjoying it much more. 

Seems that White Dress is the next single, or at least there's a music video for it. Will be interested to hear if that's a bit "more" but even if the whole album is like this, it's a definite 'mood', and not one I dislike.

Been on a Lana binge all afternoon, and forgot there was a new song out tonight, despite Dental's best countdown efforts.

Another good song, though fairly similar to Let Me Love You and much of NFR. Was hoping the album would have a few poppier tracks in there this time, though I imagine it will be more NFR pt.II

2 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Thanks for the heads-up on this! Ordered (and delivered to my folks, hopefully I'll get it at some point this year)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

That’s so Jack.

@FloorFiller

I love the track and it’s growing on me a lot. I say that’s so jack because it’s got to the point where you can really hear him in his productions. He’s had a fab track record recently and it doesn’t seem to be letting it up.

But that jack sound is v much a thing now

Edited by Matt42

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously the headline has made this seem a bit worse than it actually is, but still, this Lana interview is about as big of a cringey train wreck as you’d expect, especially off the back of her Instagram post yesterday:

Meh. She’s been blurting out her unconventional theories and opinions for her whole career. She hasn’t ever said things that anyone has believed to be genuinely toxic, she’s just alienated herself a whole bunch.

Are we just too used to PR-trained bores that we’ll throw shit at any artist thinking somewhat freely? Tbh I think those grab-quotes have only served her as she shows she has something to say.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@FloorFiller

I love the track and it’s growing on me a lot. I say that’s so jack because it’s got to the point where you can really hear him in his productions. He’s had a fab track record recently and it doesn’t seem to be letting it up.

But that jack sound is v much a thing now

Is it a thing? This sounds like Lana; I don’t hear any parallels to Melodrama, Masseduction, 1989 on this. Obviously to NFR but I thought he was a passenger on that too.

Edited by dentalplan