Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

1 hour ago, RossTC said:

That's very disappointing on her cancelled tour. 

Any idea where my partner stands on non refundable hotel booking paid for? Any way of being able to claim back?

Unlikely, your best bet is to try and sell the hotel room to someone else. That or just have a night out wherever it is

3 hours ago, RossTC said:

That's very disappointing on her cancelled tour. 

Any idea where my partner stands on non refundable hotel booking paid for? Any way of being able to claim back?

No - unless it's covered by travel insurance or a credit card that it was paid for.

Personally, I'd find something else to do in the place where the hotel is booked, or just explore a bit.

With many hotel booking sites these days, you don't have to pay straight away or in some cases you can pay when you go, so maybe consider this for the future!

5 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Tabloids are saying she's cancelled Glastonbury as well 

Doctors have said 4 weeks off singing at the moment, so I'd say it's a bit soon to cancel Glasto

30 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What are the chances of her not doing Glastonbury now? 

Considering shes only been given a 4 week rest notice I'm sure 4 months away will be fine. 

8 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Tabloids are saying she's cancelled Glastonbury as well 

I've only seen 'could this mean?'

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

Yeah, in that story they say "was due to finish up [the run of tour dates]" (but obviously now there is no run to finish) and then under the picture still say "is due".

Lana hasn't mentioned Glastonbury or other festival appearances in her statement, so I don't think anyone has that as fact.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably not unless you have travel insurance.

Not covered. Gig tickets not covered either. Worked in the game for years. 

46 minutes ago, stuie said:

With many hotel booking sites these days, you don't have to pay straight away or in some cases you can pay when you go, so maybe consider this for the future!

Fuck hotel booking sites. If you book direct with independents you will get it cheaper and also better terms. B.con are only there to take their massive cut and couldnt give a fuck about you or the owners. Sorry we work in the industry and I hate them with a passion. Unfortunately they are a necessary evil cos it's what everyone uses. 

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Not covered. Gig tickets not covered either. Worked in the game for years. 

Fuck hotel booking sites. If you book direct with independents you will get it cheaper and also better terms. B.con are only there to take their massive cut and couldnt give a fuck about you or the owners. Sorry we work in the industry and I hate them with a passion. Unfortunately they are a necessary evil cos it's what everyone uses. 

I am booking a room with them this week for 52. Identical room on same dates is 103 direct as their *best price*

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I’ve tried booking direct with hotels many times and unfortunately I’ve mostly found the cheaper prices are on the booking sites. A lot of places will give you extras for booking directly like tea facilities in the room or spa or gym access but the price isn’t better. 

The only time I’ve found it cheaper was booking a hotel in Amsterdam once where we found it on a booking site and then booked directly. 

12 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I am booking a room with them this week for 52. Identical room on same dates is 103 direct as their *best price*

I hear ya. It's a battle but I did say independents. If you booked direct with us you would definitely get a better price. 

I've tried getting a better price myself with chains and all you get is someone in an office without the authority to change the price. Also b.con give incentives such as genius discounts. They actually rang us and told us because we were cheaper direct that they were gonna offer car hire, free taxis or money off. Nothing we can do about that. 

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I hear ya. It's a battle but I did say independents. If you booked direct with us you would definitely get a better price. 

I've tried getting a better price myself with chains and all you get is someone in an office without the authority to change the price. Also b.con give incentives such as genius discounts. They actually rang us and told us because we were cheaper direct that they were gonna offer car hire, free taxis or money off. Nothing we can do about that. 

This is just an independent B&B in Blackpool though and dont get anything extra.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

This is just an independent B&B in Blackpool though and dont get anything extra.

How much are you paying? As far as I'm aware b&bs in Blackpool don't cost a lot and still have overheads? 

Sorry for derailing the thread. I just get a bit passionate about this. It's a daily battle to keep our business going. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

How much are you paying? As far as I'm aware b&bs in Blackpool don't cost a lot and still have overheads? 

Sorry for derailing the thread. I just get a bit passionate about this. It's a daily battle to keep our business going. 

Its 52 on a Saturday night with breakfast for 2 adults and a child, plus parking.