Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily has said she’s subbing.

Aye I saw, she's a right act to be on before Kendrick if it is him, a lot better choice than Sunday where people wants acts they'll know and she's quite niche....they have booked Nick Cave saying that but that was just a dull top 2 in 2013...when you've booked The Stones though it doesn't really matter.

Her rarity has got her the sub but it's quite bad forgetting she has played. 

So you're looking at Kenny, LDR, a rock act I reckon. Macca, Noel, American female, Aerosmith, Crowded House. Taylor, Dua Lipa, HAIM, Diana Ross 

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Aye I saw, she's a right act to be on before Kendrick if it is him, a lot better choice than Sunday where people wants acts they'll know and she's quite niche....they have booked Nick Cave saying that but that was just a dull top 2 in 2013...when you've booked The Stones though it doesn't really matter.

Her rarity has got her the sub but it's quite bad forgetting she has played. 

So you're looking at Kenny, LDR, a rock act I reckon. Macca, Noel, American female, Aerosmith, Crowded House. Taylor, Dua Lipa, HAIM, Diana Ross 

Swap Aerosmith and 'american female' and I think you're pretty on the money there. Add Kacey Musgraves before Crowded House.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Swap Aerosmith and 'american female' and I think you're pretty on the money there. Add Kacey Musgraves before Crowded House.

Nah I think the female would take 3rd on American status. If Aerosmith aren't bothered about being 3rd I don't see why 4th nakes a difference as long as they get the set length they've agreed.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Then let them open the day. 

Haha, there need to be some sort of clash, they will have a counter big act middle of the day of Other stage at the same time. Someone that wants to play and is happy to take a lower spot. It is probably closer to being correct to be honest that they'll be 3rd instead of 4th. But if I was a betting man I'd be inclined to suggest The 1975 secret set opposite is a good move.

That Lolla video has rough spots definitely (parts are good though if you watch the whole thing). I don’t think she’s someone who is particularly made for that kind of broadcast footage - you need to be near the front and in the moment. If you’re stood near the back or watching on tv, it may well get lost on you.

This can vid shows that and she sounds ace.

I don’t have any concerns for Glastonbury. She will smash it. Armchair viewers may well think it sounds dodgy or looks dull, but I won’t be worrying about them when I’m down in the pit sobbing my eyes out.

She’s definitely more of an exciting recording artist than she is a live prospect and because of this she’s probably not gonna win over many naysayers, and I imagine the back of the field is gonna be largely people chatting away through it, but for the fans this is gonna be great, especially now that she’s got a genuinely brilliant album behind her which I hope she leans heavily from for her setlist. I’ll be down front and centre like I was for her 2014 set. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

She’s definitely more of an exciting recording artist than she is a live prospect and because of this she’s probably not gonna win over many naysayers, and I imagine the back of the field is gonna be largely people chatting away through it, but for the fans this is gonna be great, especially now that she’s got a genuinely brilliant album behind her which I hope she leans heavily from for her setlist. I’ll be down front and centre like I was for her 2014 set. 

Yeah she doesn’t really try to win over naysayers and I like that about her. The pyramid armchair crowd will probably hate it but who cares.

I agree I’m probably gonna go in deep for Lana then come back a bit of Kendrick. I am far too old to be shoving myself deep into crowds nowadays. I can’t deal with the a) thirst b) needing a wee

Also I think my group might split at Kendrick so it will be good to have one where we all submerge ourselves into it together.

I'm torn between the whole 'artists should do what they want and if the masses don't get it then its up to them' and the 'acts should pull their finger out their arse and try and put a show on for the crowd in front of them'.

I really disliked her after Videotapes, partly as i thought it was shite and partly because of the hype. I do like that last album though. Not sure if I'll be there myself as I don't want to take a chance on her as a sub. Hope everyone leaves happy!!

I think there’s more to the issue though. There’s nothing wrong with not liking an act but I do find it annoying sometimes when areas of the crowd have given up and just start chatting.

If you’re not feeling it I think you should either go for a wee / drink break or get food whatever outside of the major crowd. Those who just see it as an opportunity to have a big old chat are the problem.

Edit; where I was stood for the first 30 mins of Radiohead nearly ruined it for me. Lots of people just gave up and starting chatting.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think there’s more to the issue though. There’s nothing wrong with not liking an act but I do find it annoying sometimes when areas of the crowd have given up and just start chatting.

If you’re not feeling it I think you should either go for a wee / drink break or get food whatever outside of the major crowd. Those who just see it as an opportunity to have a big old chat are the problem.

Yeah I find that very annoying too - but these are often the people who are securing their position for the next act on, so they don't give a f*** for who you're trying to listen to