Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

sure, but not her only european festival date. and she does festivals in the UK regularly, she headlined Latitude last summer, along with George Ezra and Snow Patrol. Strong booking yeah, that's about it. If it was someone who never does festivals, or wasn't already touring this summer, or someone genuinely massive, then maybe some of the reactions would be more understandable.

People are just excited because the US festival seemed to suggest she would be in the USA over Glastonbury.

Just let us have our fun eh? 

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

sure, but not her only european festival date. and she does festivals in the UK regularly, she headlined Latitude last summer, along with George Ezra and Snow Patrol. Strong booking yeah, that's about it. If it was someone who never does festivals, or wasn't already touring this summer, or someone genuinely massive, then maybe some of the reactions would be more understandable.

Completely, but people like her, so let people be happy. 

From the reaction on twitter/facebook its actually more positive than I've seen recently. A lot of people asking if she'll be headlining, which shows A. People can't read and B. People think shes fairly big enough to at least be in the discussion. 

13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Solid booking, but some of the hyperbole in here is hilarious. She does festivals all over the place all the time, and is already doing some this summer. It's hardly a "coup" or some amazing shock.

@ me ya coward 🤫

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Don't really get this. I agree in as much as it's good to get around the site if the people you want to watch are performing elsewhere, and to bask in the size of the place and the various other stages, but the Pyramid is a brilliant stage. If the acts I want to see are on it, that's a bonus!

Yeah sure I get what you mean. It also partially comes down to the fact that there are rarely very many acts I want to see on the Pyramid. 

Additionally I often find the Pyramid crowds are very chatty and I'm not particularly a big fan of having to wait ages before an act in order to get a good spot. 

Luckily I'm very tall but some of my short friends dislike the Pyramid as often their vision is heavily impaired. 

The Pyramid is great, don't get me wrong. Ive seen some wonderful sets there . It's just that for me, I prefer to spend each night at a different stage and often the sheer volume of the Pyramid field/crowds can be an issue. 

One Pyramid headliner and a couple more acts over the weekend is perfect for me. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

The Pyramid is great, don't get me wrong. Ive seen some wonderful sets there . It's just that for me, I prefer to spend each night at a different stage and often the sheer volume of the Pyramid field/crowds can be an issue. 

You can't beat a good act on the Pyramid stage, headliner or not, there's just something special when the act smashes it and you know they have. 

My only issue with the stage, apart from wanting to see more of the site as I walk between stages in down time between acts is getting out of it at the end of a headliner is a slog and can take far too long. 

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

You can't beat a good act on the Pyramid stage, headliner or not, there's just something special when the act smashes it and you know they have. 

Yeah I'm not disputing this. I've loved many sets at the Pyramid and have really enjoyed some of the opening sets like the Syrian National Orchestra a few years ago. 

My music taste just doesn't align much what the acts that tend to play the Pyramid. There's always stuff I'd be up for seeing but it normally loses out to clashes or the desire to go explore some odd corner of the site. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah I'm not disputing this. I've loved many sets at the Pyramid and have really enjoyed some of the opening sets like the Syrian National Orchestra a few years ago. 

My music taste just doesn't align much what the acts that tend to play the Pyramid. There's always stuff I'd be up for seeing but it normally loses out to clashes or the desire to go explore some odd corner of the site. 

Oh no sorry! I wasn't bringing anything up, more agreeing with that you've seen good sets there! 

I only went to the pyramid twice (ish) last year and it was my favourite year, it just ends up what I've been listening to and what kinda weekend I'm looking for. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

The Dua > Kenny dream party scenario is officially over which is a shame, but fair play for managing to get actual LDR > Kenny. Other festivals would kill for that.

Its a combo that any festival world wide it would be seen as an amazing get, that at Coachella would go over insanely huge. 

35 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Wife now says we should sell tickets for Manchester jn two weeks as we will be seeing her at Glastonbury instead....

Are they standing?

I can put you in touch with a buyer if you do end up selling, a girl I know is after 2 i think and she's nearly been scammed a few times in the FB event.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ta.

This is shaping up to be some GOAT line up business.

I have a feeling it'll be one we look back on in 2 or 3 years time and go 'oh, okay that was something special.' with not only the size that acts will be in a few years but also the quality of them.

Fantastic news to hear she's playing.  She's been on heavy rotation at my yard recently and for reasons I don't recall I didn't catch her last time round (I think it's because I only really knew the first album and hadn't got into the newer material at the time).

The Rockwell album is solid stuff, can hardly think of anything better to be slightly squiffy in a midsummer field to.