ANNOUNCEMENT 26/3/14

Guest WM Hall

we worried that EOTR was lacking the 'special factor', but come on...

- Gene Clark is an exclusive featuring Daniel Rossen, Beach House and more?!!?

- Stephen Malkmus was in PAVEMENT

- tUnE-yArDs is the best live act on the planet

- The Black Lips are the kind of act who get BANNED from festivals and have stage invasions

- Kiran Leonard is probably the most exciting 'new act' in the country. This is thus far his only summer festival

we worried that EOTR was lacking Americana, but come on...

- the Felice Brothers

- Jenny Lewis

- Chad Vangaalen

- Zachary Cale

- Robert Ellis

If you want a good overview of what you are in for this review of the Music Hall of Williamsburg show is worth a read.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/beach-house-grizzly-bear-fleet-foxes-and-a-bunch-of-other-cool-bands-paid-tribute-to-the-byrds-gene-clark

I'm sure EOTR's relationship with Bella Union had a large part in this.

Is it an exclusive one off? I wouldn't be surprised if they also did a night at the Barbican.

I think its special and is what is setting EOTR apart from other festivals. Last year with St Vincent/David Byrne and this. Its really brave of them to pull something out of leftfield like this.

I've updated the spotify playlist if anyone wants to check out the new bands as I haven't heard a lot of them.

http://open.spotify.com/user/splinterbungee/playlist/1zrEgg18oKUDlicLaS0dj9

Think the Gene Clark thing looks awesome - so much stuff at this festival that is new to me but enough of it sounds good enough to get me excited & St Vincent & Stephen Malkmus keeps my daughter happy.

Really looking forward to Lau & hoping they will sneak in a wee solo performance from the wonderful Kris Drever.

Right, time to catch up. I was out all day yesterday and this announcement made a rather painful trudge 'round Primark slightly more bearable.

Initial thoughts: Malkmus YES! St Vincent YES! Tune Yards YES! Gene Clark No Other Band WHO!?!?!

After actually reading so stuff: OOOOOOH! That Gene Clark thing sounds great!

After studying the announcement a little closer: There's a LOT of stuff I'm unfamiliar with here and I can't wait to check it out.

So yeah, pretty stoked about this. Before any announcements were made, I was excited about Wild Beasts making the step up this year, thought they'd get headliner status at one of the smaller festivals and hoped it would be ours. Funnily enough, now that it has happened, they're actually the headliner I'm least excited about now. This is another amazingly strong bill in my opinion, with stacks of variety and a headliner that has the "wow factor" (if you're that way inclined).

Top marks to the EOTR team. Now I am going to stick my playlist on shuffle and let the new sounds hit me.

I'm struggling to work out who will headline each stage. It's as if there are too many 'big bands' on the line up!!

What does everyone think?

Woods

The Flaming Lips

Wild Beasts

The No Other Band

~sub headlined by~

St. Vincent

The Horrors

Yo La Tengo

Garden

John Grant

Stephen Malkmus

tUnE-yArDs

Tipi

White Denim

Temples

Black Lips

Does that seem accurate? Can't see St Vincent playing anywhere other than mainstage and she would have to be the next position down from headliner...

There's no way Yo La Tengo can be relegated to Garden stage, seeing as they once headlined EOTR...

The Electric Picnic festival in Ireland was announced on the 19th and I can see that we are sharing some of your line up considering that both festivals fall on the same weekend, I think the Picnic is due another announcement in April 18th or there abouts after the loyalty ticket scheme expires, so watch this space as some of these acts announced could be on your bill too.

1385294_10152387574854796_1564098899_n.j

I'm struggling to work out who will headline each stage. It's as if there are too many 'big bands' on the line up!!

What does everyone think?

Woods

The Flaming Lips

Wild Beasts

The No Other Band

~sub headlined by~

St. Vincent

The Horrors

Yo La Tengo

Garden

John Grant

Stephen Malkmus

tUnE-yArDs

Tipi

White Denim

Temples

Black Lips

Does that seem accurate? Can't see St Vincent playing anywhere other than mainstage and she would have to be the next position down from headliner...

There's no way Yo La Tengo can be relegated to Garden stage, seeing as they once headlined EOTR...

The Electric Picnic festival in Ireland was announced on the 19th and I can see that we are sharing some of your line up considering that both festivals fall on the same weekend, I think the Picnic is due another announcement in April 18th or there abouts after the loyalty ticket scheme expires, so watch this space as some of these acts announced could be on your bill too.

1385294_10152387574854796_1564098899_n.j

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...