2014: let's play... list the bands you're most looking forward to seeing (a rolling thread!)

Guest WM Hall

In no particular order

1. Samantha Crain

2. Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks

3. Gruff Rhys - Hopefully it'll be the powerpoint presentaion thing with the puppet

4. Sweet Baboo

5. John Grant. I know I know but I've managed to misds him every other time he's been on

6. Ezra Furman

7. Arc Iris

8. Lucius

9. Wytches. Sometimes the cobwebs need to be blown away.

10. The Felice Brothers. Made the festival the last time they played.

3. Gruff Rhys - Hopefully it'll be the powerpoint presentaion thing with the puppet

That's what he's been doing on the festival circuit, especially as he has an hour slot. Presumably he takes his own projection screen. (I've also just realised he's playing, albeit on a different stage, immediately before the Flaming Lips, and his current drummer is the Coyne-fired Kliph Scurlock)

My must-sees: St Vincent, Arc Iris, The Wytches, Three Trapped Tigers, Perfume Genius, Hookworms (though I think there's a partial clash there), Archie Bronson Outfit, David Thomas Broughton, tUnE-yArDs, Kiran Leonard, the Radiophonic Workshop, Mark Ellen in the library.

That's what he's been doing on the festival circuit, especially as he has an hour slot. Presumably he takes his own projection screen. (I've also just realised he's playing, albeit on a different stage, immediately before the Flaming Lips, and his current drummer is the Coyne-fired Kliph Scurlock)

My must-sees: St Vincent, Arc Iris, The Wytches, Three Trapped Tigers, Perfume Genius, Hookworms (though I think there's a partial clash there), Archie Bronson Outfit, David Thomas Broughton, tUnE-yArDs, Kiran Leonard, the Radiophonic Workshop, Mark Ellen in the library.

Any OGWT, Smash Hits or Word Magazine fans must totally agree with your very last point - Mark Ellen is a 'must not miss'. I should add Viv Albertine to that for all the old punks.

Edited by paulwa

Mine, in order of performance times, having had a listen to pretty much all of the bands in advance:

Friday (hmmm, a bit quiet for me this day)

Bird Courage

Alice Boman

Saturday

Adult Jazz

Perfume Genius

The Flaming Lips

Sunday

Lyla Foy

Stealing Sheep

Oliver Wilde

Tune-Yards

Tiny Ruins

Chad VanGaalen (although I'll possibly be going home early on Sunday and miss him)

I've only just listened to Oliver Wilde over the past couple of days, and am currently playing him constantly. great stuff.

1. The Flaming Lips

2. tUnE-yArDs

3. Unknown Mortal Orchestra

4. Kiran Leonard

5. Connan Mockasin

6. The Freewheelin' Yo La Tengo

7. The Black Lips

8. The Radiophonic Orchestra

9. Arc Iris

10. Chad Vangaalen

although that just feels harsh on Lonnie Hollie, Yo La Tengo, Oliver Wilde, Stephen Malkmus, Jenny Lewis, Daniel Rossen, Gruff Rhys, St Vincent, Woods, Lucius and everyone else I'm excited to see!!!!!!