Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

7 of my mates at the tiny gig they're playing this evening and literally sat metres from the stage. Said it's unreal. I saw them at GF years back but only knew a couple of tracks. MASSIVELY into them now and dying to see them again! She's so naturally beautiful too as well as a wonderful voice. It's nothing spectacular but suits the atmosphere of their music to perfection. 

I'm sure my mate said there's only 300 odd at the gig today, though we were very drunk lastnight and he may have been exaggerating!

Either way - jealous.

I've read a lot of folk say they're not great live (didn't notice this myself when I watched them), hopefully they're able to work on that, particularly with tracks off the latest album, which is an utter beast.

I’ve followed them since seeing them at GF14, seen them at least a dozen times and have never thought they were bad live.

7 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

Played Blue Weekend in full tonight, lucky buggers.

If they do the whole album when I see them in January I might cry with happiness, as has been said its looking likely to be my album of the year and I've had it on repeat constantly since it was released. I was lucky to see them at Latitude as well and they were sensational and have been the 2 times I've seen them before too

Have to admit i’m not entirely sure how this one slipped under my radar until after it sold out. Been checking the website religiously to see if any come back on sale but no luck so far. Debating wether to wander down to the cheese and grain tonight in hope of any spare tickets coming available 

21 minutes ago, Paul_w said:

Have to admit i’m not entirely sure how this one slipped under my radar until after it sold out. Been checking the website religiously to see if any come back on sale but no luck so far. Debating wether to wander down to the cheese and grain tonight in hope of any spare tickets coming available 

Depends how far you're coming I guess. There's always the chance that you could go through the queue asking for any spare 'plus ones' (you'll need a Lottery ticket to get in that way), or the box office might keep a tally of unused 'plus ones' and sell them off as £15 single tickets. 

3 hours ago, Paul_w said:

@Gilgamesh69

38 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

awesome gig , i did look out for you but it was pretty rammed ( and just a little hot and sticky )

No probs.  I'm looking for a set list but no luck yet.  It was certainly a heavier set than Sat night and I thought was totally worthy of those songs getting a Friday night Pyramid airing in the not too distant future. 

Great night 👍

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm looking for a set list but no luck yet. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wolf-alice/2021/cheese-and-grain-frome-england-2b8da06e.html

Can't believe they left out The Beach II - one of my favourites from the album!  Still a cracking setlist - very envious of all who were there.

Roll on January - will be seeing them in Dublin and can't wait for it.

Edited by circus92
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wolf-alice/2021/cheese-and-grain-frome-england-2b8da06e.html

Can't believe they left out The Beach II - one of my favourites from the album!  Still a cracking setlist - very envious of all who were there.

Roll on January - will be seeing them in Dublin and can't wait for it.

Swap Planet Hunter and Visions of a Life for Silk and Fluffy and you've got the perfect setlist.