Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

If anyone here’s of 2 tix going for the cheese and grain gig on the 26th , can you give me a shout, I missed on the day and it’s Mrs D’s birthday on the 26th . Cheers in advance 

I'll keep an eye out....might be worth asking C&G if there is a waiting list for it...and if you were really keen I wouldn't mind betting there might be a few on the door where folks may have not used the 2 for 1 option and they don't reach capacity ie just 2 people rock up with 2 tickets where they could have got 4 in on them. 

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I'll keep an eye out....might be worth asking C&G if there is a waiting list for it...and if you were really keen I wouldn't mind betting there might be a few on the door where folks may have not used the 2 for 1 option and they don't reach capacity ie just 2 people rock up with 2 tickets where they could have got 4 in on them. 

Cheers PJ , I have already phoned them and check daily:-)

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

Just watched. Incredible!

The set closer of Don't Delete the Kisses with Ellie sat on the stage and the crowd being enraptured, wow. Wish Glasto would take a punt on them to headline the Friday of 2022. 

It was great and I really love them..... But.....

They won’t be headlining the big one. 

Maybe The Other. 

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

Just watched. Incredible!

The set closer of Don't Delete the Kisses with Ellie sat on the stage and the crowd being enraptured, wow. Wish Glasto would take a punt on them to headline the Friday of 2022. 

I saw the setlist before seeing the highlights and didn’t think that would work as a closer, giant peach always works so well but going from that into don’t delete the kisses was a great way to close. Really showcasing their versatility with that set. Would love to see them get a decent slot, I think sub pyramid or headline other 

11 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Would love to see them get a decent slot, I think sub pyramid or headline other 

Struggle to see any other outcome atm. They're on a tear, Ellie is clearly the kind of star who Emily loves elevating, and they were a standout on the livestream too. Huge momentum behind them.

Given the tilt to have more representation at the top of the bills, I'd say Other headline is a banker.

42 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Struggle to see any other outcome atm. They're on a tear, Ellie is clearly the kind of star who Emily loves elevating, and they were a standout on the livestream too. Huge momentum behind them.

Given the tilt to have more representation at the top of the bills, I'd say Other headline is a banker.

Other stage headliner would suit them perfectly, I saw them headline Latitude and reckon that's a similar sized stage and they absolutely owned it and after 3 incredible albums they truly deserve a slot like that

12 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

I saw the setlist before seeing the highlights and didn’t think that would work as a closer, giant peach always works so well but going from that into don’t delete the kisses was a great way to close. Really showcasing their versatility with that set. 

This is ultimately why I love them so much, every song is so different but equally as good as the others, the fact they had Play The Greatest Hits and Last Man on Earth just songs apart on Blue Weekend shows how versatile they are and what makes them so fresh and exciting 

46 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I think subbing before Billie Eilish would work well (and not just because I really want a WA/QOTSA double).

QOTSA are seemingly locked in and it appears for all the world that Pet Shop Boys will be back to take one of the other headline spots, which leaves only one left. They usually have at least one headliner who is younger and more yoof appealing - Dua perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think subbing before Billie Eilish would work well (and not just because I really want a WA/QOTSA double).

QOTSA are seemingly locked in and it appears for all the world that Pet Shop Boys will be back to take one of the other headline spots, which leaves only one left. They usually have at least one headliner who is younger and more yoof appealing - Dua perhaps?

In my head, Wolf Alice were going to replace Dua. I just don't think she'll be back on the second stage — and WA are definitely Zoomers/Millennial fodder. That Saturday slot could also be AJ Tracey, if they want some rap in the mix, or a Disclosure/Calvin type pinger-magnet.

Wolf Alice before Billie makes a great deal of sense tbf, and yeah, a WA/QOTSA double would be immense. Hmm.

Hugh Jass, I would like to buy your rock.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

In my head, Wolf Alice were going to replace Dua. I just don't think she'll be back on the second stage — and WA are definitely Zoomers/Millennial fodder. That Saturday slot could also be AJ Tracey, if they want some rap in the mix, or a Disclosure/Calvin type pinger-magnet.

Wolf Alice before Billie makes a great deal of sense tbf, and yeah, a WA/QOTSA double would be immense. Hmm.

Hugh Jass, I would like to buy your rock.

I just think QOTSA - Wolf Alice - Pet Shop Boys would be a very un-Other trio based on the last few years…

Unless it’s to balance out a radical Pyramid trio of Eilish - Kendrick - Taylor…

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just think QOTSA - Wolf Alice - Pet Shop Boys would be a very un-Other trio based on the last few years…

Unless it’s to balance out a radical Pyramid trio of Eilish - Kendrick - Taylor…

Delightfully devilish, Emily.

That said, I don't think QOTSA / WA / PSB would be too irregular, would it?

2019: Tame, Chems, C&TQ = major league trippy indie rockers, old man knees-up, mid-2010s breakthrough act (female-fronted)

2016: Disclosure, New Order, LCD = mid-2010s breakthrough act, old man knees-up, major league smarmy indie rockers

2011: Primal Scream, Chems, QOTSA... you see where I'm going with this.

I'd agree that Dua, AJ or another genuine chart-busting act would make more sense to compliment the Other trio in 2022. But if the other stages are being (presumably) stuffed with Biceps, Charlis, Aitches and Bridgerses, the kids will be alright.

35 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That said, I don't think QOTSA / WA / PSB would be too irregular, would it?

2019: Tame, Chems, C&TQ = major league trippy indie rockers, old man knees-up, mid-2010s breakthrough act (female-fronted)

2016: Disclosure, New Order, LCD = mid-2010s breakthrough act, old man knees-up, major league smarmy indie rockers

2011: Primal Scream, Chems, QOTSA... you see where I'm going with this.

I'd agree that Dua, AJ or another genuine chart-busting act would make more sense to compliment the Other trio in 2022. But if the other stages are being (presumably) stuffed with Biceps, Charlis, Aitches and Bridgerses, the kids will be alright.

The kids can piss off.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think they will be third down pyramid personally. I don’t know but a sub doesn’t feel quite right. 

Could go either way really, although I could easily see them getting the indie band bump up a-la The National, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala etc (if Haim aren’t already taking that slot, which they very well might).

Lot of contenders atm for subs/third down it seems so be interesting to see how it all pans out and who ends up just not playing at all.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could go either way really, although I could easily see them getting the indie band bump up a-la The National, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala etc (if Haim aren’t already taking that slot, which they very well might).

Lot of contenders atm for subs/third down it seems so be interesting to see how it all pans out and who ends up just not playing at all.

The one thing I’m thinking about is who could possibly just disappear off the lineup. Noel could be someone who just vanishes if he doesn’t want to commit in uncertainty.

They’d be a great band playing before McCartney - but I’m not too sure they’d get that gig.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I reckon they’ll sub Queens on the Other. That slot just seems perfect for where they are right now.

If we are indeed set for an extremely stacked year then maybe they won’t be on pyramid - but the thought of WA only being an other sub makes me think that things are extremely tight.

Just now, Matt42 said:

If we are indeed set for an extremely stacked year then maybe they won’t be on pyramid - but the thought of WA only being an other sub makes me think that things are extremely tight.

Foals subbed Other on Holy Fire. Two Door and Courteeners subbed Other last time out. Bastille and Chvrches (when they were popular) in recent memory too. It’s really not a bad slot for bands in that bucket of acts.