Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've replied to this basically already. I agree with all. Victorious is much bigger now though than when Noel did it, MSP did too and they have subbed and played again lower since. Like Noel, they aren't doing larger arena tours now either.

Personally think he’d still headline it but have to say I was very surprised how big It was.  I actually quite fancied Wolf Alice to headline it next year too!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You're a bit forward there, no need for that shit! 

My point was at Victorious he wouldn't play a headliner I don't think now.

I wasn't questioning him subbing Glastonbury. Though he might the other half, Liam was the voice and he's sold out what he has for that reason.

What shit? An exasperated “bollocks” is hardly a hate crime.

You honestly think the guy with Don’t Look Back In Anger, Half The World Away and The Masterplan in his locker isn’t big enough to sub at Glastonbury? People lap that stuff up.

Personally think Walice are too big for Other sub now. 

Actually think we have a habit on here of basing our criteria on who we think is big enough to headline the Other/sub the Pyramid, rather than who ends up doing it. 

Not saying they'd be a particularly strong booking for either of those positions, but they'd be there on merit.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

What shit? An exasperated “bollocks” is hardly a hate crime.

You honestly think the guy with Don’t Look Back In Anger, Half The World Away and The Masterplan in his locker isn’t big enough to sub at Glastonbury? People lap that stuff up.

Doesn't matter, it just wasn't a needed comment was it! 

If you actually took time to read my posts you would see I haven't denied he would sub Glastonbury. He's been my tip for sub for ages.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:43 PM, dentalplan said:

Foals subbed Other on Holy Fire. Two Door and Courteeners subbed Other last time out. Bastille and Chvrches (when they were popular) in recent memory too. It’s really not a bad slot for bands in that bucket of acts.

I was thinking about this and I think we all  commonly predicted acts like Bastille, Foals, The Vaccines, Two Door etc to move up to Pyramid sub/Other headline around album three but it never really happened for any of them, apart from Foals on the following album. Although I’ve been predicting them for a bigger slot, based on tour dates Wolf Alice probably fit into that category pretty well. Wolf Alice are very much forum favourites, so we’re more likely to discuss them more and overestimate them compared to someone like Bastille. I know they‘re headlining Latitude but Foals, Two Door and The Maccabees were all booked to headline there before or around the same time as playing big Other stage slots.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was thinking about this and I think we all  commonly predicted acts like Bastille, Foals, The Vaccines, Two Door etc to move up to Pyramid sub/Other headline around album three but it never really happened for any of them, apart from Foals on the following album. Although I’ve been predicting them for a bigger slot, based on tour dates Wolf Alice probably fit into that category pretty well. Wolf Alice are very much forum favourites, so we’re more likely to discuss them more and overestimate them compared to someone like Bastille. I know they‘re headlining Latitude but Foals, Two Door and The Maccabees were all booked to headline there before or around the same time as playing big Other stage slots.

I think Wolf Alice are bigger than some of the acts mentioned above (except Foals), I certainly don't think any of them have had an album as big and as acclaimed as Blue Weekend.

Also worth remembering that their performance at Reading this weekend has been widely acclaimed, which bookers will have noticed and of course their performance on L@WF now confers them "friends of the festival" status, which is always looked on favourably by bookers.

Don't think subbing is beyond them. 

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. We were the same on the R+L boards - talking about them subbing or even being one of the six headliners and then they were lower than all that. But instead of rejecting the position below Gerry Cinnamon as we would have them do, they probably played to a big crowd and did their prospects on the next album some great favours.

Other sub is a good slot for them and all those sizeable indie acts you mention have played to big crowds in it before. It's no failure at all. Plus, if they smash it and keep building, I'm sure they'll have subbing the Pyramid in their future too.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Haha … he got some yesterday I think 🙂 

He did!  Just replied.  I've had no reply from the guy selling so not sure if they have gone or not but it seems there are a lot of people trying to grab some locally.

Are you looking to come Alex?

Edited by parsonjack

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

He did!  Just replied.  I've had no reply from the guy selling so not sure if they have gone or not but it seems there are a lot of people trying to grab some locally.

Are you looking to come Alex?

Unfortunately I’m gonna be quite busy for next month or so so I’d say not 🙂 

3 hours ago, jdb026 said:

...Have gone up massively in my estimation recently.

Blue Weekend is an exceptional album.

The Live at Worthy Farm intro was awesome.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 2

7 of my mates at the tiny gig they're playing this evening and literally sat metres from the stage. Said it's unreal. I saw them at GF years back but only knew a couple of tracks. MASSIVELY into them now and dying to see them again! She's so naturally beautiful too as well as a wonderful voice. It's nothing spectacular but suits the atmosphere of their music to perfection. 

I'm sure my mate said there's only 300 odd at the gig today, though we were very drunk lastnight and he may have been exaggerating!

Either way - jealous.

I've read a lot of folk say they're not great live (didn't notice this myself when I watched them), hopefully they're able to work on that, particularly with tracks off the latest album, which is an utter beast.

Edited by Stokesy10
One eyed drunken typing....