Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

In my head, Wolf Alice were going to replace Dua. I just don't think she'll be back on the second stage — and WA are definitely Zoomers/Millennial fodder. That Saturday slot could also be AJ Tracey, if they want some rap in the mix, or a Disclosure/Calvin type pinger-magnet.

Wolf Alice before Billie makes a great deal of sense tbf, and yeah, a WA/QOTSA double would be immense. Hmm.

Hugh Jass, I would like to buy your rock.

I just think QOTSA - Wolf Alice - Pet Shop Boys would be a very un-Other trio based on the last few years…

Unless it’s to balance out a radical Pyramid trio of Eilish - Kendrick - Taylor…

35 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That said, I don't think QOTSA / WA / PSB would be too irregular, would it?

2019: Tame, Chems, C&TQ = major league trippy indie rockers, old man knees-up, mid-2010s breakthrough act (female-fronted)

2016: Disclosure, New Order, LCD = mid-2010s breakthrough act, old man knees-up, major league smarmy indie rockers

2011: Primal Scream, Chems, QOTSA... you see where I'm going with this.

I'd agree that Dua, AJ or another genuine chart-busting act would make more sense to compliment the Other trio in 2022. But if the other stages are being (presumably) stuffed with Biceps, Charlis, Aitches and Bridgerses, the kids will be alright.

The kids can piss off.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think they will be third down pyramid personally. I don’t know but a sub doesn’t feel quite right. 

Could go either way really, although I could easily see them getting the indie band bump up a-la The National, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala etc (if Haim aren’t already taking that slot, which they very well might).

Lot of contenders atm for subs/third down it seems so be interesting to see how it all pans out and who ends up just not playing at all.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could go either way really, although I could easily see them getting the indie band bump up a-la The National, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala etc (if Haim aren’t already taking that slot, which they very well might).

Lot of contenders atm for subs/third down it seems so be interesting to see how it all pans out and who ends up just not playing at all.

The one thing I’m thinking about is who could possibly just disappear off the lineup. Noel could be someone who just vanishes if he doesn’t want to commit in uncertainty.

They’d be a great band playing before McCartney - but I’m not too sure they’d get that gig.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I reckon they’ll sub Queens on the Other. That slot just seems perfect for where they are right now.

If we are indeed set for an extremely stacked year then maybe they won’t be on pyramid - but the thought of WA only being an other sub makes me think that things are extremely tight.

Just now, Matt42 said:

If we are indeed set for an extremely stacked year then maybe they won’t be on pyramid - but the thought of WA only being an other sub makes me think that things are extremely tight.

Foals subbed Other on Holy Fire. Two Door and Courteeners subbed Other last time out. Bastille and Chvrches (when they were popular) in recent memory too. It’s really not a bad slot for bands in that bucket of acts.

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Noel dashed off a greatest hits album last month, I’d be shocked if he wasn’t on the road plugging it next year.

Tbh I think he’l just be back. But we have seen across the board that some acts just aren’t rescheduling all their shows like for like. I’m trying to think who might just vanish from glasto.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He could be an act for Victorious actually but he's not big enough now to play a main slot

Only done it a couple of years back.  Wouldn’t actually surprise me if Liam done it next year (Victorious).

If Noel is touring he’d be perfect for Macca sub

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bollocks!

The other half of Oasis subbed last time. Noel would pull a massive crowd, especially tucked between Aerosmith and Macca.

You're a bit forward there, no need for that shit! 

My point was at Victorious he wouldn't play a headliner I don't think now.

I wasn't questioning him subbing Glastonbury. Though he might the other half, Liam was the voice and he's sold out what he has for that reason.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Only done it a couple of years back.  Wouldn’t actually surprise me if Liam done it next year (Victorious).

If Noel is touring he’d be perfect for Macca sub

I've replied to this basically already. I agree with all. Victorious is much bigger now though than when Noel did it, MSP did too and they have subbed and played again lower since. Like Noel, they aren't doing larger arena tours now either.