Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s part of an initiative to help out smaller venues.

No I think it’s because it reminds them more of the exciting times in their career when they were coming up. Foo Fighters / Dave Grohl love playing small venues because it reminds them of being a new band.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No I think it’s because it reminds them more of the exciting times in their career when they were coming up. Foo Fighters / Dave Grohl love playing small venues because it reminds them of being a new band.

Screenshot_20210823-202956-854.png

Managed to get tickets for the Sin City gig in Swansea sold out in less than 5 minutes also. Not surprising when a 500 capacity venue are doing but a ticket and bring a mate, meaning this 250 tickets in the pot. Second Wolf Alice gig since the end of restrictions, getting a bit like buses wait ages for one then two come at once… £15 a ticket is great value as works out £7.50 each with bring a mate

7 minutes ago, jdb026 said:

Managed to grab a ticket to cheese and grain as well - can’t wait! Just to confirm as I’ve got visions of turning up and my guest being turned away 😂 I turn up with my one ticket, my guest and a lottery ticket - my guest gets in for free. That right? 

Seems that way....I called them yesterday to confirm and the guy said yep, turn up with one ticket, a mate and a Lottery ticket and they'll give your plus one a ticket on the door.

I can only assume they sold no more than 400 tickets to allow everyone to bring a plus one, which could be partially why it went so quickly.

I've got tickets to pick up at the box office so I'll confirm it again when I go down and anything different I'll post on here.

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

Managed to get tickets for the Sin City gig in Swansea sold out in less than 5 minutes also. Not surprising when a 500 capacity venue are doing but a ticket and bring a mate, meaning this 250 tickets in the pot. Second Wolf Alice gig since the end of restrictions, getting a bit like buses wait ages for one then two come at once… £15 a ticket is great value as works out £7.50 each with bring a mate

Managed to nab two tickets also so I’m bringing two friends as well as my partner. Feel very fortunate! My friend was delighted as they oversold and cancelled his ticket!

7 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Managed to nab two tickets also so I’m bringing two friends as well as my partner. Feel very fortunate! My friend was delighted as they oversold and cancelled his ticket!

Yeah did see about the 50 they oversold I would have been gutted. Ticketease wasnt the best ticket vendor I’ve been through to be honest. Myself and friends managed to get 3 so the 6 people who wanted to go have all got them

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Seems that way....I called them yesterday to confirm and the guy said yep, turn up with one ticket, a mate and a Lottery ticket and they'll give your plus one a ticket on the door.

I can only assume they sold no more than 400 tickets to allow everyone to bring a plus one, which could be partially why it went so quickly.

I've got tickets to pick up at the box office so I'll confirm it again when I go down and anything different I'll post on here.

Excellent, thank you - much appreciated! 

Just watched their Reading set on iplayer and I’m gutted their tour dates didn’t work for me. So so good, really thought play the greatest hits came across well live too. Not sure why Ellie didn’t play the keys for last man on Earth, cracking set though and will be top of my list to see if they’re at the farm 2022 

15 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Just watched their Reading set on iplayer and I’m gutted their tour dates didn’t work for me. So so good, really thought play the greatest hits came across well live too. Not sure why Ellie didn’t play the keys for last man on Earth, cracking set though and will be top of my list to see if they’re at the farm 2022 

Future headliners for sure, they are going from strength to strength 

17 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Just watched. Incredible!

The set closer of Don't Delete the Kisses with Ellie sat on the stage and the crowd being enraptured, wow. Wish Glasto would take a punt on them to headline the Friday of 2022. 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

If anyone here’s of 2 tix going for the cheese and grain gig on the 26th , can you give me a shout, I missed on the day and it’s Mrs D’s birthday on the 26th . Cheers in advance 

I'll keep an eye out....might be worth asking C&G if there is a waiting list for it...and if you were really keen I wouldn't mind betting there might be a few on the door where folks may have not used the 2 for 1 option and they don't reach capacity ie just 2 people rock up with 2 tickets where they could have got 4 in on them. 

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

The set closer of Don't Delete the Kisses with Ellie sat on the stage and the crowd being enraptured, wow. Wish Glasto would take a punt on them to headline the Friday of 2022. 

It was great and I really love them..... But.....

They won’t be headlining the big one. 

Maybe The Other. 

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

I saw the setlist before seeing the highlights and didn’t think that would work as a closer, giant peach always works so well but going from that into don’t delete the kisses was a great way to close. Really showcasing their versatility with that set. Would love to see them get a decent slot, I think sub pyramid or headline other 

42 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Struggle to see any other outcome atm. They're on a tear, Ellie is clearly the kind of star who Emily loves elevating, and they were a standout on the livestream too. Huge momentum behind them.

Given the tilt to have more representation at the top of the bills, I'd say Other headline is a banker.

Other stage headliner would suit them perfectly, I saw them headline Latitude and reckon that's a similar sized stage and they absolutely owned it and after 3 incredible albums they truly deserve a slot like that

12 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

I saw the setlist before seeing the highlights and didn’t think that would work as a closer, giant peach always works so well but going from that into don’t delete the kisses was a great way to close. Really showcasing their versatility with that set. 

This is ultimately why I love them so much, every song is so different but equally as good as the others, the fact they had Play The Greatest Hits and Last Man on Earth just songs apart on Blue Weekend shows how versatile they are and what makes them so fresh and exciting 

46 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Struggle to see any other outcome atm. They're on a tear, Ellie is clearly the kind of star who Emily loves elevating, and they were a standout on the livestream too. Huge momentum behind them.

Given the tilt to have more representation at the top of the bills, I'd say Other headline is a banker.

I think subbing before Billie Eilish would work well (and not just because I really want a WA/QOTSA double).

QOTSA are seemingly locked in and it appears for all the world that Pet Shop Boys will be back to take one of the other headline spots, which leaves only one left. They usually have at least one headliner who is younger and more yoof appealing - Dua perhaps?