Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

2 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

I know there was always going to be MLIC casualties with the new album, but dropping Lisbon is a bonafide tragedy to me. Up there with my favourite songs of all time.

Also criminal that your loves whore has been dropped. A certified banger. 

4 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

I know there was always going to be MLIC casualties with the new album, but dropping Lisbon is a bonafide tragedy to me. Up there with my favourite songs of all time.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Also criminal that your loves whore has been dropped. A certified banger. 

Completely agree, but when you are having to leave out tunes of this quality it shows you have well and truly arrived in the top tier.
Can’t wait to hear them in January when they hopefully play a longer set and they may be back on the setlist

Hope everyone who saw them enjoyed it - you are very lucky.

For such a Blue Weekend heavy set, I'm also surprised they didn't start with The Beach. That would make an absolute belter of an opener.

Still, as Circus said, it's a testament to their back catalogue that we're discussing what they didn't play but still reckon it's an all round stellar setlist.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, circus92 said:

Completely agree, but when you are having to leave out tunes of this quality it shows you have well and truly arrived in the top tier.
Can’t wait to hear them in January when they hopefully play a longer set and they may be back on the setlist

Hope everyone who saw them enjoyed it - you are very lucky.

Yeah it was only 1 hour 10 and to a family type crowd so makes sense to keep to the newer stuff after the album just went to number 1. I'll probably get tickets for Manchester or Liverpool in January nearer the time after how good they were on Friday 

32 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah it was only 1 hour 10 and to a family type crowd so makes sense to keep to the newer stuff after the album just went to number 1. I'll probably get tickets for Manchester or Liverpool in January nearer the time after how good they were on Friday 

may have 1 spare for Liverpool but I won't know until later in the year. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

may have 1 spare for Liverpool but I won't know until later in the year. 

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yeah if anyone else in Liverpool has a spare or knows somebody who does hit me up as I'm desperate for a ticket to that show.

Go for @vintagelaureate's if it becomes available (thanks though!) - I need to get hold of two anyway! 

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Go for @vintagelaureate's if it becomes available (thanks though!) - I need to get hold of two anyway! 

I bought 6 (4 from Ticketmaster and 2 from See as they changed the venue). One of my friend's isn't sure on going yet - I bought theirs on presumption they'd want one - so I'll Iet you know closer to the time.

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Buy a ticket and bring a friend for free isn't it? I'm sure its gonna be impossible to get a ticket for this, Sin City is tiny man!

Yep same with the C&G in Frome.  850 capacity so I'm guessing there will be a max of c.500 tickets on sale 😬

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Those are some small venues. They could play bigger than that! I wonder what the thinking behind it is. More intimate gigs? 

Part of the Revive Live initiative to get smaller venues some more money, I believe its what The Vaccines are doing too. Its something in conjuction with the national lottery too 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s part of an initiative to help out smaller venues.

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Part of the Revive Live initiative to get smaller venues some more money, I believe its what The Vaccines are doing too. Its something in conjuction with the national lottery too 

Ah, thanks. I was sure I was missing something!