Lock Up 2014

Trash taste

If there were a Hayley Williams documentary you'd not be saying that ;)

I'm not saying they aren't, I just looked on wiki as I was typing that list out of curiosity, and noticed you classified them exactly the same as wiki :P I just wondered if you took them from there or it was a big coincidence.

ayyy lmao

Didn't Yellow get the facts about the broken ribs at C&S from wiki as well?

no

Yes but he's also the primary contributer for all of those wiki pages....

dunno what this means

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that I'd put this here as well.

It AWESOME! It didn't disappoint. I can't wait for the new album (coming 1st of July, so that is more good news)

They played this on the ADTR tour earlier this year. Decent track, could be longer though. Album will be good

Will buy the mongol horde album next monday morning then listen on my way to Wolverhampton slam dunk.

They played this on the ADTR tour earlier this year. Decent track, could be longer though. Album will be good

Will buy the mongol horde album next monday morning then listen on my way to Wolverhampton slam dunk.

Did they? I was wondering why I didn't recognise a few songs (I was that familiar with everything they did, most of it though).

Makes me want to run around in a circle. Can't wait for a UK tour now :D

Was Handed a flyer outside the La Dispute show last night advertising their Show at Scala on 21 August, with the caption 'Reading and Leeds Warm Up Show'.They're actually playing a show in LA on the Sunday so they'll be playing Friday Reading and Saturday Leeds

Thanks to Dentalplan for the spot of the days bands are playing. Acts aren't in order of who they'll appear on the line up mind you, just done it alphabetically. If I have done one wrong sorry :P

Going on Reading/Leeds

Fri/Sat

Dave Hause

Eagulls

Slaves

The Front Bottoms

The Skints

Touché Amore

Sat/Sun

Basement

Issues

Marmozets (in case it wasn't obvious)

Wovenwar

Sun/Fri

A Wilhelm Scream

Baby Godzilla

letlive.

Every Time I Die
Neck Deep
Pup
The Flatliners
The Wonder Years have Sun/Fri on Facebook but on both R&L websites there is no date so I don't want to put it down as they may be moved (could be due to a possible ADTR clash)
Edited by justanothername

Surprised Baby Godzilla are on Lock Up and not The Pit

Not really, they're defiantly Hardcore and are similar to bands like Every Time I Die

How long does it take to get from nme to the lock up? I'll be spending most of Saturday afternoon at nme, but there is no way I'm going to miss basement. Hopefully they'l clash with marmozets as id be able to see marmozets later on in the pit

They're right next to each other at Leeds (or they were last year) no idea about Reading. But no matter which stage it as it, it wont take to long to get to another stage. You'll be fine. But I'd think Basement would be mid anyway so you probably going to have a clash, but that is part of the festival so you'll get other it (loads acts will announce tour off the back of the festival and these are mainly advertised in the programme so you should be fine)

How long does it take to get from nme to the lock up? I'll be spending most of Saturday afternoon at nme, but there is no way I'm going to miss basement. Hopefully they'l clash with marmozets as id be able to see marmozets later on in the pit

Do you mean at Reading or Leeds? At Reading it's like a minute or so walk. Not far at all so don't worry about having to rush because there's no need really.

Not really, they're defiantly Hardcore and are similar to bands like Every Time I Die

Defiantly?

No They're not hardcore, they're a metal band. Hardcore isn't metal. Every Time I Die flirt the line between the two. Baby Godzilla are not a traditional lock up band, so it is surprising they're on there. They're definitely more suited to the Pit. Also they're awful, i don't see why anyone enjoys their live show, and they're shite on record aswell

It would be nice if they put Basement directly before Architects, but it'll more than likely go Architects - Issues - Basement. Fuck issues.

Edited by huntyyy

Defiantly?

No They're not hardcore, they're a metal band. Hardcore isn't metal. Every Time I Die flirt the line between the two. Baby Godzilla are not a traditional lock up band, so it is surprising they're on there. They're definitely more suited to the Pit. Also they're awful, i don't see why anyone enjoys their live show, and they're shite on record aswell

It would be nice if they put Basement directly before Architects, but it'll more than likely go Architects - Issues - Basement. Fuck issues.

I enjoy Baby Godzilla on record lots :ninja:

Anyway I thought they were more suited to the Lock Up myself

Edited by justanothername

I enjoy Baby Godzilla on record lots :ninja:

Anyway I thought they were more suited to the Lock Up myself

My problem with them live is that their show is based about chaos, which is fine, (Letlive are a fucking incredible live band and they do the same thing), but Baby Godzilla don't play music they just throw their instruments around and make noise.

On a side note I saw letlive at all three slam dunks this weekend and I actually think they've got better as a live band over the years. They've got better every time I see them, and I absolutely love what they've done with their latest setlist.

My problem with them live is that their show is based about chaos, which is fine, (Letlive are a fucking incredible live band and they do the same thing), but Baby Godzilla don't play music they just throw their instruments around and make noise.

On a side note I saw letlive at all three slam dunks this weekend and I actually think they've got better as a live band over the years. They've got better every time I see them, and I absolutely love what they've done with their latest setlist.

Sounds like my kind of thing :P

I just looked at letlive. setlist and I'm not too sure on it. I think 27 Club would be a brilliant closer rather than opener and Renegade 86' is a better opener my self than closer (still would prefer Le Prologue into The Sick, Sick 6.8 Billion). But if you say it works, then it most work

Also Mongol Hordes album is pretty tasty

I just looked at letlive. setlist and I'm not too sure on it. I think 27 Club would be a brilliant closer rather than opener and Renegade 86' is a better opener my self than closer (still would prefer Le Prologue into The Sick, Sick 6.8 Billion). But if you say it works, then it most work

They didn't do the extended version of 27 club they did on their last tour (The album version), they did the cut down version like they played on the Deftones tour, which was sick. They cut down Le Prologue too so it was just the last 20 or so seconds. I'd like them to play H. Ledger at Reading or Download but I wouldn't complain if they played the same setlist again, it was great.

27 Club is a better opener than Banshee anyway