Queens of the Stone Age

Guest rafflesia

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’m ashamed to admit that even though Songs For The Deaf, Rated R and ...Like Clockwork are all up there with some of my fave albums of all time, I’ve not actually listened to any of the other albums in full. Rectifying that as soon as I can but am I right in saying they’re not quite to the standard of those 3 or have I just slipped up totally and I’m missing out on some real top quality QOTSA still?

Their debut is definitely worth your time :) 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I’m ashamed to admit that even though Songs For The Deaf, Rated R and ...Like Clockwork are all up there with some of my fave albums of all time, I’ve not actually listened to any of the other albums in full. Rectifying that as soon as I can but am I right in saying they’re not quite to the standard of those 3 or have I just slipped up totally and I’m missing out on some real top quality QOTSA still?

That's not the way to look at it. I would rate those three above the others, yeah, but many Queens fans prefer some of the ones you haven't listened to and cherrypicking the most revered albums makes it seem like you trust others' opinions more than your own. So listen to them all. :D

If you end up liking Era Vulgaris, check out Them Crooked Vultures. If you dig the self-titled, try out some Kyuss. If you listen to it all and can't get enough, binge on The Desert Sessions.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's not the way to look at it. I would rate those three above the others, yeah, but many Queens fans prefer some of the ones you haven't listened to and cherrypicking the most revered albums makes it seem like you trust others' opinions more than your own. So listen to them all. :D

If you end up liking Era Vulgaris, check out Them Crooked Vultures. If you dig the self-titled, try out some Kyuss. If you listen to it all and can't get enough, binge on The Desert Sessions.

Haha yeah I get that I’d only listened to those 3 as there’s a few on each I’d heard before hearing the albums so decided to check them out in full, only heard one or two from other albums that I wasn’t as big on as the others and I’ve not heard anything at all from Villains. Yeah you’re right though, need to get them all listened to was just checking if they were worth it as I know there are some bands out there with a few stellar albums and the rest aren’t worth bothering with.

Nice, I’ll bare that in mind cheers

1. Feet Don't Fail Me Now
  2. Monsters in the Parasol
  3. You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire 
  4. My God Is The Sun 
  5. Feel Good Hit of the Summer
  6. The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
  7. The Way You Used to Do (I really dislike it but it's a hit) 
  8. Better Living Through Chemistry
  9. Sick Sick Sick
  10. Smooth Sailing
  11. No One Knows
  12. Little Sister
  13. Make It Wit Chu (Again not my favourite but it's a hit)
  14. If I Had a Tail
  15. Misfit Love
  16. I Appear Missing
  17. Go With the Flow

18. Regular John
  19. A Song For the Deaf
  20. Song for the Dead

Probably need to cut 3-4 songs from there, but I think you'd get something like this.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, jumperofftheshelf said:

What was the crowd like last time they played? Watched a lot of their live sets from 2014-2018 time and the crowds all seem really tame. Maybe something to do with them being foreign festivals where the crowds aren’t usually as good, but can I expect mosh pits etc. if I’m in the front pit for Queens?

The atmosphere was superb. A moderate sized crowd for a headliner (no trouble getting into the pit), but lively up front. More of the same this time out I'm sure. They'll be mosh pits. Caught them 4 times on the Villains tour and it was great fun every time. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:50 PM, thewayiam said:

Loudest I've seen is Motorhead. Royal Blood surprised me at Glastonbury mind.

Tool at Download last year for me. Everyone involved with that band, from the musicians to the sound engineers, are superhumanly talented.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, jumperofftheshelf said:

What was the crowd like last time they played? Watched a lot of their live sets from 2014-2018 time and the crowds all seem really tame. Maybe something to do with them being foreign festivals where the crowds aren’t usually as good, but can I expect mosh pits etc. if I’m in the front pit for Queens?

Moderate. Most of my mates had gone elsewhere, I went with a big group and I saw them alone.

Paramore got a bigger crowd, so I don’t expect them to storm it this coming year. They will get a decent sized crowd but if they’ve got big competition it will be a humble sized headliner crowd.