What Clothes to pack? And what ESSENTIALS to pack?

Guest TITPUWOTM8

people will always have different opinions over what is essential and what isnt. my own opinion is basically the usual:

-a good steady tent that will survive bad weather

- toilet roll/tissue and your own handwash as the toilets always run out

-bin bags

-easy to eat food or a disposable BBQ to save money on festival food prices! first year i ever went i spent a fortune on breakfast and lunch.

- your own drink for the campsite at least is a good money saver too but depends on how much u can carry or if u want to make more than 1 trip from the car or drop off point.

-torch, weirdly enough this one can be a godsend when u are under the influence so u can find your tent without any problems as T dont have many lit areas in campsite.

- water bottles, for the obvious reasons and for washing or brushing teeth.

i could probably think of more but those are off the top of my head.

pointless giving u advice on clothes as can range from heavy rain and a mudbath to a roasting weekend. best to keep an eye on forecasts the few days before to get the best idea. id always take wellies tho incase another mudbath happens like 2012

Wellies. I was optimistic pre-Leeds last year and didn't take wellies. Ended up buying some in the oxfam tent in between SOAD and Green Day because I'm pretty sure I was several minutes away from developing trench foot. I'll never not take wellies again, even if I was heading off to Florida.

I didn't take wellies to Leeds last year and had the most comfortable dry feet ever. Ionscreen Magnums are teh shizzle :)

I wear shorts in all weathers now, wet legs dry quicker than wet trousers. Take a few pacamacs. You can get 27 for 5p or some shit like that on ebay. I only take a real jacket on teh wettest days now. Mind you, at the last T I was at I had 2 T shirts, a Goretex jacket and a macamac over the top. It was grim.

a money belt! Put your cash in it, and your phone and hide it under your shorts. I've been pick pocketed before at T and it's not happening again.

Sunscreen. Put it on your ears! Sunburnt ears suck. Trust me.

Big pack of baby wipes and some resealable bags for your portable carry everywhere emergency supply of wipes :)

Puffer jacket. I take one that HRH Liz gave me for sitting round at night when it can get really cold. It packs down to a tiny bag and is really warm. One of my fave bits of festival gear. Cheap off ebay if you look around for them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Reversible-Jacket-Softie-/171255339756?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&var=&hash=item27df9d1aec

Hat and shades. Not only are they sensible but you are a nobody without a hat and shades. De rigueur festival must have gear.

I am yet to wear wellies in the 5 years i've been and unless its scheduled for downpour all weekend i wont be again this year.

Lots of booze, water, cereal bars, JAFFA CAKES, Haribo, Crisps, that kind of food is always good.

Double sleeping bag, singles are shit.

Don't take brand new trainers, tees etc....they will get wrecked so older stuff is better.

Old phone/wallet - losing a good one isn't worth it.

wellies are weather dependent but better to be safe than sorry. 2012 was awful and people were shin high deep in mud and only wearing trainers. seen the queues for wellies at the shops were bigger than queues for the bar at one point

I am yet to wear wellies in the 5 years i've been and unless its scheduled for downpour all weekend i wont be again this year.

Lots of booze, water, cereal bars, JAFFA CAKES, Haribo, Crisps, that kind of food is always good.

Double sleeping bag, singles are shit.

Don't take brand new trainers, tees etc....they will get wrecked so older stuff is better.

Old phone/wallet - losing a good one isn't worth it.

I was looking at my photos from 2012 the other day. God it was muddy...

I actually wouldn't take crisps, they'll just disintegrate. Cheap sliced bread and squeezy jam is the way forward for breakfast.

In terms of clothes, you just have to keep checking the weather forecast in the run up to the weekend, and pack accordingly. Always take wellies though. This is Scotland.

Sun cream
Toilet Paper
Wet Wipes
Sun Glasses
I go Old Mobile Phone (Nokia brick) as it is servivable in anything and is cheap so i dont care if i lose it... also the battery last for ever!
Bin Bags (for clothes and to lay out to stop mud/water)
Duct Tape (or Safety Pins? for fixing stuff)
Toothbrush
Chewing Gum
Some thing for a hang over maybe? Rennies or Alka Seltzer? Also Lucazade is the best drink for a hangover
Waterproofs (Coat at least... belive me being warm is better then anything if it rains!)
Wellies (So fucking importent... look at Leeds 2013?TITP 2012 pictures to see why!)
Alcohol... go for a mix IMO as you tend to get bored (or money for alcohol which will need to be alot)
Money!
Food:
Some Sweets (get some energy into you...seriously a lifesaver for me)
I like to go for cereal bars, savoury crackers, crisps, biscuits and nuts... etc and then buy one major meal a day... but some will bring more with them
1 or 2 Litre bottle of water (a couple tbh as water is so vital when dehydrated)
anything else you want to bring I guess